cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kissifer
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

YouView Box Constantly crashing

I am at the end of my tether with this box. BT's only answer is a complete reset losing all of my recordings.

I have completed this numerous times only for it to repair the system for maybe a day, or two at best.

It has got to the stage where we have taken out the HDMI lead from our TV, in order to stop the random restarting of the box from interrupting our viewing via the built in freeview on the TV.

I rarely, if ever, manage to get through watching an entire recording without it freezing and me either having to manually restart the box or it doing the same automatically.

What do I have to do to get this box to be reliable?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: YouView Box Constantly crashing

Hi kissifer,

Thanks for posting. Are you still using the hub 4 as per your previous post? Does the broadband connection drop at the same time as the box resetting? Can you give us as much detail as posible and we'll do our best to help.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
kissifer
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

When I switched to BT TV I was provided with a Hub 5, so that is the router I am currently using with it.

My broadband connection is rock steady.

I would add that I have recently moved and that I have had the same problems at both addresses.

Hope this helps David?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for confirming that @kissifer. Can you please send over your details as we'll need to take a closer look at this for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
kissifer
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thank you David. Contact form completed

0 Ratings