Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
itsmu
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

YouView Box Stuck in Maintenance Mode

Hi all,

My YouView box wasn't working this morning, and after powering off and on it booted into maintenance mode. I tried doing a software reset, but after cycling screens a few times it returned to the maintenance menu with the message, "Sorry, selected option failed".

I then tried the Factory Reset options, both keeping and deleting recordings, and each time it ends at the same message, "Sorry, selected option failed".

I tried the reset with the Internet update option and again, "Sorry, selected option failed".

It is still just sitting on the maintenance menu, and resetting the box or powering it off and on again just returns me to this point.

I was wondering if there is anything else I could try to get it working again, or if I need to request a replacement from BT.

Thank you for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2
pca
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: YouView Box Stuck in Maintenance Mode

Hi itsmu,

Sorry I can't help, but just wanted to say that I am having the same problem - my box won't boot up. I can get into Maintenance mode, but options 2-5 says 'Cannot perform selected option' and option 1 doesn't appear to do anything. 

Hoping that someone can post a solution here..

Thanks,

PCA

0 Ratings
Whocares4
Message 3 of 3

Re: YouView Box Stuck in Maintenance Mode

My box is also doing the same. I called BT but they didn't help and just tried to sell me stuff.  Was you able to find a solution? 

0 Ratings