Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pboddy
Contributor
Message 11 of 21

Re: YouView Box continually freezes and becomes unresponsive

Go to solution

OK update....

An engineer arrived Friday and proceeded to check my telephone and TV signal for connection and quality. All passed and no problems on the diagnostics with those (as I said there wouldn't be).

So now the box, we turned it on and run through its functions and settings and he said it all works !! I said yes, at the moment have you time to wait. So we waited a bit and he completed most of his report and phoned someone I think was a supervisor and said can't find a fault.

Well he was just packing up to go and asked me to sign his report and the YV Box froze, right on schedule. There you go says I, sort that. Umm it doesn't work he says, I'll get you a new box out the car.

New box fitted and fingers crossed I have no problems so far.

A shame its taken this long as noone will believe you that there is a problem with the box. So I do not expect to be charged and will not pay it if I am, as proven correct.

Next, COMPENSATION, how do I sort compensation for the lack of and inconvience of never having a working system from the delivery date. I would expect a little more than a percentage based on the number of days not being able to use.

Comments from someone in authority would be welcome.

0 Ratings
FamilyGal
Beginner
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution
Hi im having the same problem has been going on for a few months now. Is there anything i can do to sort it out apart from turning the box off at the back? Ive had bt vision for around about a year now and it was fine at first. Thanx
0 Ratings
FamilyGal
Beginner
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution
Hi im having the same problem has been going on for a few months now. Is there anything i can do to sort it out apart from turning the box off at the back? Ive had bt vision for around about a year now and it was fine at first. Thanks in advance.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
TimChisman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

I am also having this issue,

1). Couldn't receive BT Sport via Broadband, so box ungraded from BT Vision to BT Youview Box

2). Still cannot receive BT Sport via Broadband as it is not activated in my area, so only way to what it is on my laptop! No notice given that this would be happening!!! Livid as would not have been an issue if i had moved to Sky!

3). BT Youview box now keeps crashing and has to be switched off at back everytime.

Please sort it out BT!!!

I turned down a pretty decent offer with Sky to remain with BT TV, but wish i hadn't!

0 Ratings
souloo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Hello i am bumping the thread in order to get help . 

I have  same problem mentioned here , my youview box its freezing and its realy hard to get it started , sometimes it takes like 6 restarts to get it up and runing and its loading for ages . Dont really know what to do with it , version is up to date ... so no idea what i could do more >>??? please help 

Thx

0 Ratings
danstanciu
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

Same issues as described here.

Had the box for 15 months...first 8-10 months no issues that I can remember ...than slowly starting to freeze now and again... in the last 2-3 months becoming a real pain.

Reading the threads about this issue and I can see that no fix is available...definetly a poor product  - but not sure if it is the device or the software. I'll be watching out the contract details and probably cancel the subscription...definetly not something to recommend.

Any expert advice welcomed..but i doubt it it will fix the issue

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Hi danstanciu, 

Thanks for your post. I would like to take a look into this for you. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

We are suffering exactly the same issues with a T1000 box.  Not sure exactly when it started but having been on BT boxes for 7 years now we beleive the upgrades to this latest box are a disaster. The box is continous freezing or loosing contact with the TV.  We are having to power it right down as it will not react to the control when it freezes.  We have had lots of failed recordings in the last month and have tried all the obvious things.   Disconnected and reconnected all cables, done a complete factory reset but to no avail.  Watching TV has now become a trial.

There seems to be suggestions that we need a box upgrade.   Please advise.

Trevor

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

No I havn't but will give it a go