Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACC
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

YouView Box record not working

Go to solution

I noticed that the TV guide has been upgraded (new white pop up box provides program info)

I seem though to have lost the record function. I’ve tried different channels, different days but can’t set record.

is anyone else having problems?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: YouView Box record not working

Go to solution

HI @ACC 

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Are you able to send me your account details (or landline number) via a private message and I can look into the problem for you. 

Have you also tried the record button on the box or via the App and have the same problem? Thank you. 

Community ModeratorGemma
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Neil3
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I have exactly the same issue on my box - T2110. Box just will not respond to record buttons on remote or box.

Pressing "OK" just sets a reminder.

Suffered from the "fail to record" issue previously, but guess this is something different.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Neil3,

Have you tried a full factory reset? I have recovered a couple of boxes from customers with the problem.

While the vendor is still investigating the root cause I have been able to restore recording functionality by doing a full factory reset. 

Thank you,

Community ModeratorGemma
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Neil3
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Gemma and thanks for the speedy response.

No, I haven't done that as I didn't want to lose all my recordings. It seemed like the nuclear option!

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@Neil3

There are various options when doing a reset & you can do it with keeping your recordings. See here for the guide & options available.

I'd try 1 , 2 and 4 in that order. If that doesn't work then it's possible that there's a corrupted recording or a corrupted index which only options 3 or 5 will fix but as you state they're the nuclear options.

0 Ratings
ACC
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Neil
I tried the factory reset using the controls on the box which retained my recordings but made no difference to the original fault. I still could not record by any means.
Gemma asked me to return the box for investigation and sent a replacement. The new box works perfectly and Gemma reimbursed my postage costs. I trust that the fault can now be investigated by BT and resolved with the vendor for the benefit of other customers. There is clearly a problem.
0 Ratings
Neil3
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for joining in. I'm just going through the options, so I'll post when done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Neil3
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Tried options 1,2 and 4 without success - as before, I get no reaction from either of the record buttons . I'll try the other options later when I've caught up with a couple of recordings, before I lose them.

I noticed that the light on my box goes purple when I put it on standy - not red. Could that indicate another problem?

0 Ratings
Neil3
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Resets without deleting didn't work. Before trying the Factory Reset/Delete Recordings I tried manually deleting the Scheduled recordings as I'd read a bit about conflicts. I was able to delete them all but one, which stubbornly refused to be go. I guess this was causing the problem.

I then did the Factory reset, deleting all recordings and that worked. I've lost all the recordings, but the scheduled item also went and I'm now back up and running.

I've posted this as a thanks for your help and maybe it will help someone else if they encounter the same issue.

0 Ratings