Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shought
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

YouView Network Streaming

Hi there,

I was looking to get the YouView box from BT however had a quick question before I do buy it.

I have a NAS on my network at the minute with films and photos on etc.. I was wondering if the YouView box is able to see devices on the network and stream from them?

Thanks, 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
MartinH
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: YouView Network Streaming

@shought wrote:

Hi there,

I was looking to get the YouView box from BT however had a quick question before I do buy it.

I have a NAS on my network at the minute with films and photos on etc.. I was wondering if the YouView box is able to see devices on the network and stream from them?

Thanks, 

Hi

No, the YouView box can't see other network devices or stream content from them. 

0 Ratings
shought
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

**bleep**. It does everything I want apart from Network Streaming or netflix 😞
0 Ratings
Tim37401
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

To be honest I wouldn't get one.

Best off just getting your self a standard free view/sat box if you want the extra channels.

If you can get Virgin where you are thats the best way to go as everyone who has one of their boxes says they are spot on.

Tim.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

It's touted for a future update but, to be honest, if you have a Smart TV / Blu-Ray player from the last 3 years it'll probably have DLNA networking on it already. I have these two means to stream from my NAS already so don't need yet another.....

0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

@shought wrote:
**bleep**. It does everything I want apart from Network Streaming or netflix 😞

I'd be amazed if Netflix and Lovefilm didn't join the lineup soon, although of course getting the box through BT means you get BT Vision anyway

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings