Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rich11235
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

YouView On Demand setup

Go to solution
I have a BT branded YouView box bought from Currys a few weeks ago. I want to setup BT Vision On Demand, which according to P27 of the user guide I can do. Despite this BT tell me I can't because I did not buy the box through them. I thought I had found a competent BT person yesterday who set me up with BT Sport (for a £35 activation fee) and assured me it would be activated yesterday. It wasn't. And on talking today to another BT person, they again tell me it is not possible and have cancelled the activation order. WTF is going on ?
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: YouView On Demand setup

Go to solution

Do you have broadband from bt.

If so you can get the bt player (old vision service) as this page explains..

£35 activation fee and £5 a month...

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=34742&s_cid=con_FURL_...

Getting sports depends on if you can get infinity or copper multicast...

0 Ratings
rich11235
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Yes I have Infinity.
Actually I am not interested in Sports but I am after the OD services. Can you explain exactly what BT Player is (and why is it the 'old vision service'). It may be part of the problem is I am not asking BT for the correctly named 'thing', although what I am attempting to do is follow the instructions which came with the box and 'sign up to BT Vision to get access to a huge library of On Demand shows'. Thanks for you reply
0 Ratings
rich11235
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
By the way, that link you sent us the same one I followed initially. On dialing the 0800 number I entered a world of incompetence with various advisers and their supervisers assuring me it was not possible because the box was not bought through BT
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

BT is trying to lose the 'vision' moniker and start calling it BTTV. So what people know as the vision services doesn't really exist on BT YouView.

There is a real problem with mis information about trying to use an existing box. A lot is because it costs the same as getting a new box sent from BT so most people take the free box and sign up that way...

I would be telling them you want to add bt player essentials to your existing broadband line but you still might meet a wall of ignorance unfortunately, in which case you can ask a mod on here to help...

0 Ratings
rich11235
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks very much. Please can a mod on here help , because I have already wasted too many hours of my life dealing with the wall of ignorance and it has got to the stage where I just want to give up (and take to Twitter to tell the world how BT doesn't seem to understand its own products)
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I was the same back in January I had a retail Youview box and was geting the old BT player unlimited package ap at £10 a month plus free BT sport on it but was told I had to get a box from BT with £35 actavaion fee if I wanted the entertanment extra channels . So I tane a box from them at the same week as the new G4 box came out and they sent me the old style BT Youview box like the retail box I already had.

I got the old style BT Youview box in living room and moved the retail Youview box in to my bedroom and all seems to work 99% fine on both boxes wirth the BT services.

Eve using powerline adapters for the old style BT Youview box in living room.

Darren

0 Ratings
rich11235
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks. I don't think my problem is with the type of box, it's just a problem of getting BT to understand and activate the product I want
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Rich11235,

Thanks for the post.  I am sorry we haven't sorted this out for you.  We should not be making this so difficult :smileyembarrassed:

If you can get your details off to me I will sort this out.  Please click on my username (SeanD) and you will find the 'Mods contact link' under the 'About me' section of my profile.  You also have the option of placing this order online yourself, you can just add the TV subscription, please see this link Add BT TV to your BT Broadband.  I will let you decide which route to take :smileywink:

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
rich11235
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Just to say on-demand now setup and working - thanks to Sean and colleagues for persevering
0 Ratings