Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quaffa
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

YouView Series Link Question

Hi.

I am thinking of upgrading from Vision to YouView, purely because of the HD Freeview channels on offer in the latter. (I assume now we're getting YouView that Freeview HD will now never appear on any upgraded Vision box.)

I once tried a TopUpTV box as an alternative PVR, but we went back to the Vision box because of one specific problem with the way the TopUp box worked, and that was the way it worked when 'series-linking' recordings.

The TopUp link feature seemed to be a simple 'programme name' search, so that it recorded every transmission of whatever programme one set as a series. This meant that, for example, it recorded both transmissions of the same Neighbours episode each day (lunch time & evening) instead of just the one a day as specified.

Before I commit to YouView, can anyone tell me whether the new YouView box does series links like the Vision box, or like the TopUp one please? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: YouView Series Link Question

Hi, the first day that I had the box it recorded 2 of the same episodes that I wanted on different channels, but it seemed to settle down since then and has only recorded the correct episode each time.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
quaffa
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: YouView Series Link Question

Thanks for that. Maybe the box builds up the extra data needed after a few days being connected to the online feed? Sounds good, anyway.

0 Ratings