cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

YouView Ultra HD freezes on channel swap

My 3 month old YouView Ultra HD box freezes on channel swap. The program continues but the channel number is embedded in the middle of the screen and the only way to remedy is a complete power cord out reboot. I have tried factory reset but no good. BT sending an engineer out but i'm slightly concerned they will say its my aerial etc (I havent changed anything since it was fitted). 

Anyone else had same problem?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: YouView Ultra HD freezes on channel swap

@godsrecognizegods wrote:

My 3 month old YouView Ultra HD box freezes on channel swap. The program continues but the channel number is embedded in the middle of the screen and the only way to remedy is a complete power cord out reboot. I have tried factory reset but no good. BT sending an engineer out but i'm slightly concerned they will say its my aerial etc (I havent changed anything since it was fitted). 

Anyone else had same problem?

When you say 'factory reset' do you mean you selected 'Reset YouView box' in the YouView/Setting/DeviceManagement'?

My Ultra HD box wasn't happy with the latest update but I found a maintenance mode recovery/keep recordings fixed this.

See: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52169/~/how-do-i-reset-my-youview-box-from-bt

and: https://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-1...

I didn't have the issue that you see though. Mine failed to record and then got stuck on the startup screen when I restarted it. Worth a try at least?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: YouView Ultra HD freezes on channel swap

A few questions:

You mention the program continues with the channel number remaining in the middle of the screen . Is this the original program  you were watching or the program on the new channel that you have selected ?

IS the problem occurring on every channel change ?does the problem occur when switching between  Freeview channels , the Internet channels or both ?

0 Ratings