Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 7

YouView & BT Vision

2 questions:

1. If I buy a YouView box, say from Amazon, can I access the BT Vision On Demand content that I subscribe to on the YouView box (as you can if you plug in a second BT Vision box)?

2. If I subscribe to this new offer from BT YouView, it says that I can "move your BT Vision service onto a YouView box". Does this mean that they want my BT Vision box back - or will somehow disable it so that you are no longer a BT Vision customer?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: YouView & BT Vision

Minusdot is that the email you recieved from bt ? Mine was different. Didn't bt say you could buy a box from elsewhere and use bt vision on it you just have to contact them.

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

@miket101 wrote:

Minusdot is that the email you recieved from bt ? Mine was different. Didn't bt say you could buy a box from elsewhere and use bt vision on it you just have to contact them.

That's the link in the email at the top that's for if you're having difficulty reading the email. Would you care to share your link? I don't think it's personalised. If they said that then that's good news.

I think a couple of folk on here have actually purchased a Humax. I'm not sure if they're still on the forum or if they were already subscribed to BT Vision or subscribed to the new £10 per month BT Vision through YouView service. I just would like to know if you can have On Demand on both with or without the BT deal.

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

From the YouView from BT FAQ:

Can I move from my current BT Vision subscription to a BT Vision Player subscription?

No, if you're already a BT Vision customer you won't be able to switch to a BT Vision Player subscription.

So I guess you can't have both. 😞

0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Sure My email is slightly different. I'm on unlimited BroadBand package. I'm not an exsisting Bt vision customer so it looks like i get it for free but not too sure yet. Small print can be misleading.

Another pricing link on the vision player if you haven't seen it.

minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Looks like a no-brainer for a customers that don't have BT Vision. A £300 HD DVR for £48, spread over a year. I wonder if its replay service will use just the standard YouView catch up which means you get unskippable ads on commercial stations. As BT Vision customers who pay the £4pcm (I don't) get an ad-free catch up service. As the main new feature with YouView is the EPG that goes back as well as forward (hence using the picture of Doctor Who) I wonder what they claim you're paying £4 for.

0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

I agree sounds a bit too good to be true. If i take youview out it will be a minimum pakage to start with hopefully more options will arise over the months like some sky channels etc. Also with the package you recieve home plugs if needed so that another few quid on top for BT. All for an oustanding £48 a year as you said, however the prices are rising to £5 soon but its still a great bargain like you said a no brainer. Just itching to get my order in now can't wait new tech in time for Christmas the family will be happy.