cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paynedj
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

YouView and BT Vision

Hi, does anyone know the answer to this?

I already have BT Vision, which I connect to my hub via powerline adaptors.  I want to get Youview and will replace my Vision box in my lounge with my big TV.  Will I be able to move my Vision box to another room/TV and still connect this to my hub with powerline adapters?  Can I run two set of powerline adaptors or do they interfere with each other.  Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: YouView and BT Vision

Hi

Are you getting the youview through BT or from another source?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
paynedj
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Yes, getting it through BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

If you're using multiple powerline adaptors, you should make sure that they are all compatible (there are several competing standards), then link all of them to one master adaptor.  They are normally supplied in matched pairs, so you need to read the instructions on how to do that.

However, having two BT Vision boxes on one line has never worked properly, and I suspect trying to use BT Vision and YouView on a single BT Vision subscription is unlikely to work properly either.

0 Ratings
bozeat31
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I can confirm that youview box will always lose out to a second BTvision box on the same network (via power adapters). I had successfully used 2 BTvision (Grey) boxes on the same network both boxes recorded the same and you were able to delete as well, watching simultaneously was possible, but not the same recorded programme, catch-up on one and recorded for example was possible.

I had hoped some sort of multi-room would be possible with the new box but they are different boxes and so will communicate with the BT servers differently.

I was told when I ordered, there is talk of a multi-room option in the future so as to bring them into line with other competitors.

On the whole the YouView experiance is good but I think they (BT) have taken a step beckwards with regards the myview/recordings munu layout not sorting them by title and then having a submenu of episides, sorting by time and date just leaves a huge list of programmes you have to wade through to find your recording.

0 Ratings
Travelstar
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I don't use powerline adapters, but I can confirm that I am using both the BT Vision and BT Youview services at the same time without any problems whatsoever. In fact I posted as much in the following thread:

http://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/YouView-and-BT-Vision/m-p/666078

0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 7 of 7

Im using a bt youview box and a bt vision box at the same time with 3 powerline adapters.
nothing gets lost, the only issue Ive seen is when lots of electricity is being used via the wall sockets the powerline adapter that is the furthest away drops in speed slightly.
0 Ratings