Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

YouView app now closed and BTtv app will not connect to Humax T1000

Go to solution

YouView have cancelled and withdrawn their mobile App. The functionality has been built into the BTtv app but will not connect to old BT supplied Humax T1000 boxes. Is anyone else having this problem. It just means that I can no longer record programmes from remote devices.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: YouView app now closed and BTtv app will not connect to Humax T1000

Go to solution

I believe it is due to T1000 box  software rather than the BT TV app.  The old infrastructure and servers  for sending remote record requests to  the legacy boxes  such a the T1000 is no longer active. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I will have to contact BT about a new box. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I have a BT YouView Humax DTRT 1000. The BTTV app wont let me download. Is this because my box is also a " first generation"  box not supported?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @ifc thanks for posting, sorry your box is not supported. The DTR T1000 and T1000 are the same.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you for telling me .  It has been a devil of a job getting an answer. Humax were no help, and BT and You View just obfuscate or avoid the issue and one wastes a lot of time getting nowhere.

• Even the survey request managed to knock me out of this reply so I had to start again!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

The YouView app was successfully allowing recordings until it was closed at the end of March. The technology therefore still exists. It seems that BT are just not prepared to adapt their system. Even though the box I’m using was the one supplied by BT. Maybe they should offer a discount or free replacement.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

The Youview infrastructure and servers for sending remote record requests has completely changed, so the 1st generation boxes  such as the T1000 and the Youview App from April onwards would if run  still be  trying to connect to the old infrastructure that no longer is active.
Later Humax boxes and the BT  TV app are now switched over to using the new infrastructure.

If @Oldtimer49  you have a BT Tv subscripton  then moving to a newer box  should be quite straightforward if you contact them.

0 Ratings