cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

YouView box always loses internet connection

For quite a while now my YouView box would randomly lose internet connection. Up until very recently, it would more often than not re-establish connection within a minute or two. However, the box lost internet connection a couple of weeks ago and I haven't been able to re-establish connection since.

I utilise a wired connection using powerline adapters. I've tried restarting the YouView box several times, restarting my hub several times, I've checked and re-checked that the ethernet cables are all in place, I've switched off and on again the plugs where the powerline adapters are situated, and yet still no connecting. I'm getting the error code YVM102.

Please can someone suggest another way to fix, or will this require a new YouView box?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: YouView box always loses internet connection

Powerline adaptors are the spawn of the devil and the worst and most unreliable way of connecting to a router. An ethernet cable all the way is the only truly trustworthy way of connecting.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: YouView box always loses internet connection

That said, some users have reported better connectivity by changing to newer Powerline adaptors but there can also be an inbuilt problem with the house wiring if it has a mix of  multiple ring and spur wiring. As I understand it Powerline adaptors are meant to be both on the same ring circuit otherwise it can be a bit hit and miss.  So if it is tricky to run an ethernet cable all the way then maybe you can try moving one or both of the Powerline adaptors to be both on the same ring circuit.  You may also want to try unplugging anything else on the same ring circuit in case there is a cheap and nasty power supply / plug feeding interference back into the circuit.

0 Ratings