cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 17

YouView box does not re-connect to network after loss of connectivity

My youview box does not re-connect to the network after the home hub has dropped out. The original message I put in regarding this was moved to the BT Infinity Speed/Connection Issues forum but I still think this is an issue here. Is connectivity still an issue with the youview box or am I facing a problem? I have to restart youview whenever there has been an issue. I'd like not to have to do that. It should realise (several hours after the hub has restarted) that the network is present and use it.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Dave123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: YouView box does not re-connect to network after loss of connectivity

I've seen the same situation with the G4 when HH5 reboots/powers off. The G4 needs to be put into standby to recover the network connection.

0 Ratings
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 17

Just the G4 - I used to have the same problem when the previous box came out but I'd noticed it on the G4 I had until I got the HH5 and infinity.

0 Ratings
Dave123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

No experience of previous youview box.  I changed from BTvision.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 17

@Dave123 wrote:

I've seen the same situation with the G4 when HH5 reboots/powers off. The G4 needs to be put into standby to recover the network connection.

You should be able to just go into settings and redetect the network - try this before performing a full power off

TrickyDicky
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 17

walkerx ......... thanks for that nugget !!!

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 17

@walkerx wrote:

You should be able to just go into settings and redetect the network - try this before performing a full power off

I'll give it a go. That would help a lot.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 17

@walkerx wrote:

@Dave123 wrote:

Tried successfully. Don't know why I never tried it before. It's a lot easier than rebooting the box Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 17

@JohnKelly wrote:

@walkerx wrote:

@Dave123 wrote:

Tried successfully. Don't know why I never tried it before. It's a lot easier than rebooting the box Smiley Happy

Get used to doing it on a regular basis especially as the HH5 reboots at least every 30 days

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 10 of 17

MY Home Hub 5 reboots every few days (mostly in the middle of the night) and the YouView box recoonects itself without having to do anything -- Maybe because it is in Standby (low Eco mode) at the time.

Richard

0 Ratings