Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 17

Re: YouView box does not re-connect to network after loss of connectivity

@barnpiece wrote:

MY Home Hub 5 reboots every few days (mostly in the middle of the night) and the YouView box recoonects itself without having to do anything -- Maybe because it is in Standby (low Eco mode) at the time.

Richard

Are you using the new G4 and do you have it set for DHCP or Static

The G4 using DHCP has an issue reconnecting to the network after the HH5 has rebooted

0 Ratings
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 17

@walkerx wrote:

@barnpiece wrote:

MY Home Hub 5 reboots every few days (mostly in the middle of the night) and the YouView box recoonects itself without having to do anything -- Maybe because it is in Standby (low Eco mode) at the time.

Richard

Are you using the new G4 and do you have it set for DHCP or Static

The G4 using DHCP has an issue reconnecting to the network after the HH5 has rebooted

It is the G4 box and it is in the default mode. I assume this is DHCP. Is there a way of making it automatically reconnect? Static mode maybe?

0 Ratings
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 17

Okay - just in case anyone else is wodnering.

I configured it as static mode and when the hub restarted itself at 06:02 this morning (no idea why as usual) the youview box was still connected to the network at 7.30 when I tried it. May be a good way of doing it. I configured it with 192.168.1.253 and then removed that from the DHCP pool on the hub.

0 Ratings
nuttyb
Message 14 of 17

I have the same problem,  i am getting fed up with it - also the machine crashes if I try to use one of the on demand services... Not a happy bunny very disappointed - wish I had the old VBox.

0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 17

@JohnKelly wrote:

Okay - just in case anyone else is wodnering.

I configured it as static mode and when the hub restarted itself at 06:02 this morning (no idea why as usual) the youview box was still connected to the network at 7.30 when I tried it. May be a good way of doing it. I configured it with 192.168.1.253 and then removed that from the DHCP pool on the hub.

Does that work?  I thought .253 was reserved for anything connected to the USB port.

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 17

Does a USB connection have an IP address?

Yes it does work. I watched something on BT Sport on the weekend so it must have been connected Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 17

That's good to know.  I'm fairly sure that if you connect a printer to the USB port it normally gets the .253 address, but if your setup is working fine, then that's great 🙂

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings