Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
servicefailure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

YouView box keeps freezing and then resuming

Ive had this problem since this box was new in Nov 2013.

Its a DTRT1000 and when playing back it will freeze, go blank completely and then resume after about a minute.

This also manifests itself when recording ... on viewing a recorded programe i will see the images stop, pixelate a bit, then resume with a section of the recording missing.

I have reported this and other problems previously in my thread from 25-02-2014 20h50 titled

YouView box "not fit for purpose"

which received some interesting replies. https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-box/YouView-box-quot-not-fit-for-purpose-quot/m-p/1217505#M10846

After several resets and BT Software updates the box seemed to calm down, but still had this annoying 'freezing feature' which I have been persevering with - I was offered a new box at the time but didnt want to lose my recordings and elected to wait and see if it got better.

I have waited and waited, and now it is starting to irritate me again and I want it fixed or replaced. It is totally unacceptable to have this fault on a TV recorder which iterrupts recording and playback.

Its as though the software is trying to do something which consumes the processing power and all other tasks are stoped temporarily.

Please can someone from BT open another Incident for this and get someone to help me sort it out once and for all. If someone from BT calls me, please leave a message and not simply end the call - because you use unidentified call numbers I do not usually answer unless I am expecting such a call.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: YouView box keeps freezing and then resuming

Hi servicefailure,

I'm sorry about the problems with your youview service, please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings