cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulradams
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

YouView box need full re-power to get working picture every time up from standby.

Go to solution

Hi all, I'm trying to assist my elderly neighbour to get her new  TV working properly on YouView (the previous TV died completely). If we put both TV and YouView boxes into standby then, when we bring them both back up the next time we want to watch TV, the signal from the YouView box is just a static 'snowstorm'. If however, we re-power the YouView box completely (from the rear switch) then bring both the YouView box and TV up from standby, the signal from the YouView box works perfectly (once everything has initialised).

(I have tried using alternative HDMI inputs on the TV, same results)

I have left her instructions on how to get everything working this way as a 'work round' but why are we having to re-power the YouView box every time? Can I do anything or is there some sort of incompatibility between the TV and YouView? The TV is  Logik - I think the model is 32HED20.
Thanks!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Re: YouView box need full re-power to get working picture every time up from standby.

Go to solution

Hi @paulradams, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting on behalf of your neighbour.

Does your neighbour have a BT TV Youview box and a current active BT TV subscription?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
paulradams
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Re: YouView box need full re-power to get working picture every time up from standby.

Go to solution

Hi John,

'Yes' to both. The YouView box connects to the BT service and delivers the channels no problem once we've done the re-boot.

An added detail - when we get the 'snowstorm static', if we put the YouView box into standby using the button on the remote, we get a brief 'flash' of clear picture just before it switches off.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @paulradams, thanks for checking that and posting back. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to run a few checks and see if we get this working correctly for your neighbour.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

When you get the snowstorm effect from the Youview box what happens if you try switching the TV to another HDMI input (doesn't matter if it is connected to anything) and then back again?

0 Ratings
paulradams
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

This has now been attended by a service engineer (many thanks BT for arranging this). As I understand it, the root problem was that the TV is a somewhat basic model that only supports 720p; the YouView box was trying to drive it at 1080. The engineer has reset the box to default to 720p and all is well.