Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AA99
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

YouView box upgrade but having problems

After requesting a MAC code 2 weeks ago, I was contacted by a very pleasant young man who persuaded me to stay with BT by offering me new Humax box and Hub 5 and an altogether better package for about half the price I was paying.

Happy Days!  An engineer came yesterday to instal the hub and assured me we could still get the Extra channels and BT Sport via adapters and there was no need to extend the ethernet cable.  I did discover afterwards that he was from Kelly Communications and not BT so I hope he was right.  At the moment we do not have those channels but I understand it can take 3 days?!

However, my more immediate pressing issue is with the scanning of freeview channels.  We are near Bristol and I believe our transmitter is Mendip.  When scanning for channels on the new YouView box, it has picked up all the South West channels but then also all the Wales channels (of inferior quality).  This makes the tv guide enormous and when I choose a programme to record, it is recording the Wales channels which are not good quality at all.

Is there a simple remedy to my problems please?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
sirjamesp
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: YouView box upgrade but having problems

Can you just hide the Welsh channels? I assume that the box won't record from hidden channels.
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

0 Ratings
AA99
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Thanks, hiding the channels seems to be the answer on most of the forums I've looked at.  I just can't find the settings now to do that :smileymad:

0 Ratings
AA99
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Thanks, will do that NOW!  Watch this space :smileywink:

0 Ratings
AA99
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Can anybody assist regarding the BT Sport and Extra channels on the tv.  Have scanned twice now and they do not appear :smileysad:

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

Last time I looked BT don't support the internet channels via homeplugs. They might work but if they don't then you are stuck.

That being said I think that when you subscribe to the internet channels they can take a day to appear.

Might be worth seeing if you can connect the YV box via a cable just to see if that's the problem. If you have a cable connection and a rescan for the channels doesn't work then just get BT to make sure the channels get added for you.

If a cable connection causes the channels to appear then you have a problem. Make sure the homeplugs are connected properly - into main plug socket, not via an extension block.

I hope this helps!

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

0 Ratings
AA99
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Thank you very much for that.  As I said, the engineer was adamant that the wireless adaptors would work so I should therefore have taken advantage of having the 30m ethernet cable fitted, as offered!

I have managed to trail a 10m one across the lounge and up the stairs to the hub and did a rescan but nothing yet.  It would seem I may have to reboot the YV box now.  Will have to wait till hubby's finished watching his move :smileywink:

Thanks again

0 Ratings