cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

YouView box

I have just upgraded my TV package to Big entertainment and part of the package is to return my existing box when the new one arrives. I have tv anywhere with extra box and they are requesting I return the extra box (dtrt2100) rather than the primary box (dtrt1000). Is this correct and how do I get he the older box upgraded if that is the case as it is obsolete and does not support several of the players?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: YouView box

It depends when you got it, if you got it before 13(?)Dec 2019, then you don't need to return it at all

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the prompt response my contract was pre Dec 19. My confusion was more to why they were asking for me to return the extra box. Surely a recontract would apply to the the primary BT box and not the BT extra service which I am continuing anyway. I am assuming the primary box is obsolete and therefore is not viable for refurbishment whereas the G4 box is. As always the ability to contact a real person at BT to ask the question is limited, even more so at the moment. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

It makes no sense, if you want to talk to them about it then evenings and weekends are possibly the best time to ring.

Pre Dec 19, all BT equipment became customer property, any equipment issued since then remains BT property.

I suspect that whoever is insisting that you return either box is not in possession of the facts.

0 Ratings