cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thommo41
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

YouView+ recordings - ffwd issues and skip to time?

Go to solution

Hi everyone. I've had my YouView+ for a week and I have come from sky+ so had a certain expectation.

The easy one first... Can you skip to a time on recordings instead of fast forwarding through to a point in time?

The one that for me makes this box really not up to the job, and I'm serious, it's a huge problem for me, is the inability to fast forward properly on internet channels. Not bear in mind I would not have subscribed to this service if all I wanted to do was watch terrestrial freeview tv. A huge amount of solutions are out there with no tie in. No, I wanted the extra entertainment and sports channels. But you simply can't use the ffwd and rwd as it skips in huge chunks of time with no preview in picture to see when an advert ends for example. Watching sport is a nightmare with this problem, if you want to go back to a specific bit of the action you are left guessing where in time it happened. 

BT watch these forums right? Please, when is this functionality coming? Because until it does I am really genuinely disappointed to the point of wishing I'd not have signed up!

anyone have any tips, or insights?

thanks, alan

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: YouView+ recordings - ffwd issues and skip to time?

Go to solution
As far as your first question goes you have to exit to the Recordings List then use the left and right keys to move the timepoint on the playbar then press OK to resume playback.

As for the second point then yes that is just the way it is and you have to get used to skipping forward by one minute at a time then backing up by 15 seconds a time.

Slick-looking but clunky-usage Youview design at its finest.
0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

re your first question: press ok/select on the remote to bring up the time bar (when in the recordings list screen), then enter the time you want to go to, press ok again, and away you go.

0 Ratings
Thommo41
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks guys I noticed the time bar eventually. The ffwd really does need sorting out through it's truly awful to use.
And getting a quick way to view you recordings would be a huge step forward in usability too, pressing play should take you back to the recordings screen if you're not paused or in playback.
And also, the scheduled recordings don't seem to show the time they are recording?
0 Ratings
madness
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Wow.

This is a complete shambles. I also cannot believe how rare it is to see people complaining about this issue. Been on the blower to BT and they've claimed it's the first time they've ever heard of it.

I've recently gone to BTTV and instantly having to cancel it. How, in 2018, can we only be able to rewind or fast-forward in increments of 15 seconds? It's absolute insanity.

The only reason I signed up to the service was to watch sport. No way can I continue with such a facility with this being the case.

Bizarrely, no one at BT seems to actually be aware this is a thing. I checked on other channels last night and the function worked as it would on Sky. It seems to purely be sport channels. Madness.

Currently on hold as I've been forced to cancel. Shame. Sky can't service my property so it looks like my only option is to go with Virgin - one of the worst companies I've ever had to deal with. The thought of giving them my money makes me sick.

All BT need to do is provide a standard rewind and fast-forward function. I'm baffled as to how this isn't the case!

Unfathomable.

0 Ratings
madness
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Wow.

This is a complete shambles. I also cannot believe how rare it is to see people complaining about this issue. Been on the blower to BT and they've claimed it's the first time they've ever heard of it.

I've recently gone to BTTV and instantly having to cancel it. How, in 2018, can we only be able to rewind or fast-forward in increments of 15 seconds? It's absolute insanity.

The only reason I signed up to the service was to watch sport. No way can I continue with such a facility with this being the case.

Bizarrely, no one at BT seems to actually be aware this is a thing. I checked on other channels last night and the function worked as it would on Sky. It seems to purely be sport channels. Madness.

Currently on hold as I've been forced to cancel. Shame. Sky can't service my property so it looks like my only option is to go with Virgin - one of the worst companies I've ever had to deal with. The thought of giving them my money makes me sick.

All BT need to do is provide a standard rewind and fast-forward function. I'm baffled as to how this isn't the case!

Unfathomable.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
The T4000 box does allow you to ff/rew the ip channels with a view (you need a powerful box as it has to decode the codec on the fly) it also skips (back in 15 seconds, forward in 1 minute intervals) which works really well for skipping adverts as you just press it 5 times and you jump all the adverts in an instant. It is different and the large jump to time is a much requested lost feature but works ok.
0 Ratings