Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukfrogman
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

YouView vs BT vision box for NEW order

Go to solution

Hi folks,

I currently have infinity2 and anytime calls and am thinking of ordering "BT TV" how can I be sure I will get a youview box rather than a BT vision box? as the website is very unclear over this, the package I am looking at is the TV Essential Extra at £7-00 per month and I currently have 8 Months of my infinity2 contract remaining.

Will I also get a new home hub 4 as part of the deal?

Regards,

Frogman
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: YouView vs BT vision box for NEW order

Go to solution

I have just placed an order for Youview and I agree with you that the website is very unclear. I believe that as the extra channels which are included with the essentials extra package are not yet available via Youview, if you order that package you will get a Vision + box.

My advice would be to order the TV essentials package at £5.00 per month and then add on the extra channels for another £2.00 per month when they become available (later in the Summer I understand)

0 Ratings
ukfrogman
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@rubble2 wrote:

My advice would be to order the TV essentials package at £5.00 per month and then add on the extra channels for another £2.00 per month when they become available (later in the Summer I understand)

Thanks rubble2 that is very helpful, it doesn't say on the website the extra channels are not available yet.

Regards,

Frogman
0 Ratings
rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Yes if you look at this page  http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv/compare-packages

and scroll down to the section near the bottom where it lists some of th extra channels available - if you look in the column on the left there is a small text message under the purple box saying 'Extra TV Channels' which says 'only available on the Vision+ box'

They really do not make it easy to make the correct choice. Just to fore warn you if you do proceed, when you get your confirmation email of the order you place it still states thank you for your Vision+ order! It is only when you go into the track order screen that Youview gets a mention.

I wonder if anyone at BT ever tries using the ordering process as a test to see how easy or difficult it is to follow - I suspect not

Good luck

0 Ratings
ukfrogman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@rubble2 wrote:

Yes if you look at this page  http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv/compare-packages

and scroll down to the section near the bottom where it lists some of th extra channels available - if you look in the column on the left there is a small text message under the purple box saying 'Extra TV Channels' which says 'only available on the Vision+ box'

They really do not make it easy to make the correct choice. Just to fore warn you if you do proceed, when you get your confirmation email of the order you place it still states thank you for your Vision+ order! It is only when you go into the track order screen that Youview gets a mention.

I wonder if anyone at BT ever tries using the ordering process as a test to see how easy or difficult it is to follow - I suspect not

Good luck

Thanks, that make it much clearer, it looks like I will be ordering the basic package for now then.

Regards,

Frogman
0 Ratings
ukfrogman
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@rubble2 wrote:

Good luck

I ordered the basic tv 6 hours ago and typically with BT I still haven't had a confirmation e-mail despite contacting them 3 hours after it was ordered and saying so. Her words then were you will get an e-mail in the next few minutes....... Still waiting 😞  It is showing on the track order screen though. Oh and it comes Tuesday BTW.

Regards,

Frogman
0 Ratings
TrickyDicky
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I just ordered it on the phone (kick the website into touch)

You can agree just what you want and the price.

Did it on a Friday pm and email confirmation arrived same day

Box arrived am following Tuesday and line was activated for Youview that Tuesday morning too, all as outlined on the phone.

You can also track the status of the order via My BT

Voila !!!!!!

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ukfrogman
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@TrickyDicky wrote:

I just ordered it on the phone (kick the website into touch)

You can agree just what you want and the price.

Did it on a Friday pm and email confirmation arrived same day

I also phoned them to order it at 5pm yesterday, I still haven't received the confirmation e-mail despite ringing them back later to ask why it hadn't arrived, she said she would resend it and I would receive it "in a few minutes" obviously not. It is showing on line though and should arrive on Tuesday.

Regards,

Frogman
0 Ratings