Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_h
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

Youview 22.17.0 Netflix does not login correctly

Hi,

I access Netflix through my youview box.  I has been working fine for months but recently it has struggeld to login.  When you select netflix from the players app you get the red spinny thing, then an error message saying try again.  You try again and after 2-3 attempts it will present you with the users screen and then work perfectly after that.  

Netflix works perfectly on all my other devices on the same internet connection

All other youview players work fine (iPlayer, ITV player etc)

youviewbox is hard-wired to my homehub

Once it gets going it plays fine

Spoke to Netflix and they say my account is fine.

I've reset all the comms

I've done a maintenance reload option 4 so kept recordings but refreshed all the software and still it's the same.

Currently:-

Manufacturers SW  22.17.0

Component SW  2.10.28

Platform config  1467

ISP config 233

Infinity Homehub with c35md download

hardware version is DTRT2100

Helpdesk suggested that the ISP config was wrong and I need to do a fuil reset, not the maintenance menu reset and that "may" sort it out.  HOwever I want to avoid losing my recordings if possible and woudl like to understand how the front end reset refresehes the software any more robustly thatn the maintenancemode option 4 reset does.

Any recommendations before I incur the wrath of the kids and nuke all their recordings?

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Koenig
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 21

Re: Youview 22.17.0 Netflix does not login correctly

Hi Mark

I wouldn't delete your kids recordings just yet as I don't think a full reset is going to solve your problem.  

I don't have a solution but I've been having the same issue for a number of weeks now - long before my G4 upgraded to the latest software, which I only received last night.  I can never get into Netflix first time -  it takes at least two or even three attempts before it 'catches'.  And the problem persists, even after the upgrade.

My feeling is that this is related to the new protocols Netflix introduced to prevent people using VPN's.  I don't have anything concrete or techie to back this up other than my problems started round about the same time they announced they were implementing the changes.  Possibly totally coincidental but perhaps the player in Youview box just doesn't handle the changes as well as players/apps on other devices.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 21

Take a look at: https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/netflix-player-wont-load-start

It's from a year ago but just in case.

0 Ratings
Mark_h
Beginner
Message 4 of 21

Guess I'll wait it out for a bit then.  That other link talked abotu the same problems but did not recommend anythign I've not already tried.  It's annoying but not as annoying as a pointless system reset.  Guess I may have to do one anyway juts to have my case investigated by soemone who is not just a script follower.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 21

What homehub do you have?

0 Ratings
Mark_h
Beginner
Message 6 of 21

It's a homehub 3 plugged into an openreach white modem widget.  Infinity but not fibre.  I did another maintenance recovery today but all the versions stayed the same and the reluctance to login persisted. Helpdesk suggested the ISP config should be a 4 digit number but that stayed at 233 after the internet/usb recovery.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 21

Netflix is a player available to all Youview users regardless of ISP they are using. So the ISP config should have no bearing on whether Netflix functions.

If and I stress if your box is not receiving updates to its ISP profile then that may suggest that there is update or communication issue but I have no knowledge of what constitute a valid ISP profile.

0 Ratings
Koenig
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Hi Steve

Fo what it's worth, I too have a HH3 plugged plugged into the white openreach modem.  But I'm on Infinity Fibre.  I've seen on other threads that it might be an issue with the hub and mine has taken to restarting itself on the odd occasion lately.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 21

Hi @Mark_h & @Koenig,

Recently we investigated reports from some customers that they were unable to gain access to Netflix.  We investigated this and it turned out to be an incompatibility with some of our older BT Home hubs.  For your info you can read the comments on this thread, Netflix connection error

This is different to the problem you guys are reporting as you can eventually get access.  However, the reason I mention this is you both have a Home hub 3, so it could well be related to this particular incompatibility.

Either way if you could send me your details then we could investigate?  If you click on my username (SeanD) you will find  our contact link under the about me section of my of my profile.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
andydesigns
Contributor
Message 10 of 21

Hi,
I am also still having this problem. HH3, get the ui-113 error, works on 3rd retry. I have already spoken to Netflix and BT Technical support and we've tried everything, they said nothing else they could do other than me buying a different 3rd party router.
Will contact you via profile.

0 Ratings