Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Youview 4K UHD Box fails to power on or even factory reset

Go to solution

Hi,

Of late my Youview 4K UHD box has not been coming out of standby, so i have been having to turn it off manually and power it back on.  This morning the box fails to power on at all, i can hear the HDD spinning but there are no lights on the device whatsoever.  I have tried to factory reset the box twice, upon which the device progresses to the ‘Factory Reset progressing’ splash screen, followed by a ‘Youview’ splash screen then nothing.  All status lights go off, but again i can still hear the HDD. I suspect that the box has failed, what are my options, do BT replace these units FOC?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Youview 4K UHD Box fails to power on or even factory resetw

Go to solution

Hi @SteveP46 

If you have a current BT TV contract and that Youview box was supplied by BT as part of your BT contract then yes they would supply a replacement if needed to continue your BT TV service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: Youview 4K UHD Box fails to power on or even factory reset

Go to solution

Yes, I have a current account with BT, I actually work for them but was unsure as to whether the box is covered. I’ll get in touch with them and see what they have to say, thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 4

Re: Youview 4K UHD Box fails to power on or even factory reset

Go to solution

Hi @SteveP46 ,

Sorry to hear your set top box has stopped working. If you send me your account details via a private message I'd be happy to look into the problem for you and arrange a replacement as required. Thank you, 

0 Ratings