cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skhwoody
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Youview Box Faulty on Activation for New Customer - No replacement aviailable for 12 days?????????

I am a new customer to BT with a Youview package installed on Monday 22nd April 2013.

However a couple of days in the youview box has started behaviing erratically and shutting down randomly, even when attempting to boot itself up.

The problem has worsened over time and by Friday the box is unusable shutting down constantly.  I have done all manner of resets, factory resets, software etc, checked all forums, restarted with internet attached and not, and all make no difference, the machine will power off randomly and reset constantly.  Yesterday the box was unable to stop itself powering off while attemping to boot up, so now it lies unplugged and unused.

Here in lies the next issue.  I reported this on Friday morning, and over 24 hours later after hearing nothing i emailed BT asking what they were going to do about this issue, as i now have no access to tv and i am in danger of having to actually converse with the wife.

I recieved an email on sunday saying that i am going to get a visit from BT (Woo hoo) and its on the 11th May (boo), so i have been on the phone this morning to be told that an engineer has to attend to test the box and there are no earlier visits available.

I know full well the box is faulty, it doesn't take an engineer to work that out and i have been told today after much complaining (i only want a replacement box) that BT will make a request for one, but then told it will be three days before it comes if they allow a box to be dispatched.

This will mean i am paying for a service, i have paid for delivery of a faulty item and i still have no service and will be without tv for almost a week minimum, before this issue is resolved.

Surely this is a completley unacceptable level of service in this day and age, and i really dont know where to go from here to get this sorted.

so far it has been a service from hell.

Help

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Youview Box Faulty on Activation for New Customer - No replacement aviailable for 12 days???????

Unfortunately BT appears to have a policy of not sending out replacement boxes but rather an engineer calls and replaces them when faulty. You should get or be entitled to a refund for services not provided - sometimes they automatically add a credit when they complete the repair (Replace the box) - othertimes you have to ask for it.

AS for timeframe for the engineerr visit ... well if you look at which site they have some proformas for letters/emails that cover faulty goods. The proformas normally ask for a resolution within the next seven days 

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-to-ask-for-a-faulty-item-to-be-repaired-or-repl...

0 Ratings
skhwoody
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: Youview Box Faulty on Activation for New Customer - No replacement aviailable for 12 days???????

cheers, so frustrating more than anything, as for the first day the machine worked fine, then got worse day by day.
0 Ratings
skhwoody
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Still waiting, still no tv since Friday.but i have been promised a new box,but only after the uk youview team reply to the request from customer services (wherever they are based) and then I will ge an answer,this honestly is the worst customer service I have ever had. I really don't know who to complain to to ge anything done as everything gets referred to India by the looks of it. And any question I ask gets me put on hold while a manager is consulted.
0 Ratings