cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
filb8
Aspiring Contributor
Message 251 of 328

Re: Youview Box T2100 - Keeps losing HD channels

My tv and BT stb updated and I had no loss of channels. I do have very good signal strength on most channels. 

0 Ratings
Yorkshire_Midge
Aspiring Expert
Message 252 of 328

Ref. my post yesterday that we might have problems again today.  That has proven to be correct for me - have lost ARQA, ARQB, SDN and BBC B muxes (just over 70 channels). 

I imagine this is a load of Freeview changes backed up due to the change freeze over the festive period, so hopefully things will calm down again for a few days. 

@crossword  agree with your points. In my world and experience, if you can reproduce a bug at will, that's most of the battle won - and not only have BT confirmed what triggers it, we can see it for ourselves now. 

0 Ratings
apintofmild
Aspiring Contributor
Message 253 of 328

Retune here today too 😞

0 Ratings
bry040
Contributor
Message 254 of 328

Yeh, to be fair, we only highlighted this 198 days ago 😉

bry040
Contributor
Message 255 of 328

More seriously, I suspect this isn't ultimately BTs issue, but the metadata that's bring pushed out with channel changes. I bought a new LG TV over Christmas and it lost all channels twice in new year (but better than my BT box, has an option to disable updates). Seems the logic that does the tune is able to handle having overlapping signals, but the logic that does the shuffling when changes are made isn't. Maybe it's as simple as that when you manually tune, you specify your area and it's not preserving that metadata, maybe.

0 Ratings
crossword
Aspiring Contributor
Message 256 of 328

Unfortunately  ( for me ) I seem to have lost ALL channels via the aerial today , not just HD , they were fine yesterday . Of the few that I have checked Signal is 0% as is quality but all the channel names were present .

This did happen last week also . Last week I recovered the channels by a retune . I put that occasion down to atmospheric conditions i.e. high pressure , possibly messing with channel allocations & confusing the " box "

Today recovery was by a STB restart ( hold down standby for 8+ seconds ) all was then OK . Is this the same problem of loss of HD channels but more severe or is this completely different ? 

Anyone ? 

Regards Andrew .

0 Ratings
crossword
Aspiring Contributor
Message 257 of 328

I will try a box restart next time I lose HD channels ( if there is a next time )
Andrew .
0 Ratings
Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 258 of 328

This cannot still be atmospherics - I rarely seem to be able to get the HD channels nowadays.
0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 259 of 328

I agree with yorkshire-midge, as I previously said, I used the attenuator trick and it has been fine from 19/11, although I did experience the total loss of signal because of the atmospherics, all was ok after the event, I also  thought I had a problem, recently  when Smithsonion channel  (99) disapeared but it had been changed to 57.

It is all about channels from adjacent transmitters, if you haven't got any 800 channels you should be OK, the difficulty occurs when the interfering transmitter is at or about the same power and the attenuator trick is of no use.

0 Ratings
Yorkshire_Midge
Aspiring Expert
Message 260 of 328

Just for info everyone, there is a change scheduled for tomorrow.  Seems very minor so not sure whether it will affect anything. 

https://www.rxtvlog.com/p/freeview-updates.html

It also looks like there is a full retune due on Emley Moor on the 5th February. 

@bry040 regarding your problem on your new LG TV, I remember @filb8  reporting on here before Christmas that he had seen the same loss of channels on his LG TV.  So it looks like LG ought to be investigating and fixing their product(s) too.