cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 115

Re: Youview Box T2100 - Keeps losing HD channels

@DocLorro wrote:

So I buy a BT Humax box and am experiencing problems but I have to contact a company not associated with either BT or Humax? It's not a simple click either, I have to contact them either by phone or fill in a form asking for all of my details. I might have to wait in if one of their "engineers" needs to visit. Guess what yet another dissatisfied BT customer. davidb00 you need to mark this as NOT solved.

Hi @DocLorro,

Welcome back to the Community.

I'm sorry that you are having problems with getting HD channels on your BTTV Box.

We only have control and can only troubleshoot the channels we provide customers with via the internet using multicast. The rest of the customer's channels are provided via Freeview over their aerial.

The advice @davidb00 has provided is really good and may help you get the issue with the channels fixed.

I have noticed that you mentioned that you bought a BT Humax box. Did you buy this box from a high street/online store or did BT provide you with this along with your BTTV subscription which you would pay us monthly for?

Matt

DocLorro
Contributor
Message 22 of 115

The one from BT packed in just out of warranty, bloke in India was less than useless. I then bought one from Argos with BT logo on it, now out of warranty.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 115

@DocLorro 

I'm sorry that when called you received customer service below the level we expect our customers to receive.

If the BTTV box was out of warranty when you called we wouldn't have been able to replace the box for you free of charge. Sadly as the TV box you are now using was bought from a third party store and the issue you are having is Freeview related we are unable to help.

If you were having problems with the BTTV subscription channels, which you paid us for monthly/quarterly and provided over multicast we would be able to troubleshoot these issues for you. 

I wish we could be of more help.

Have a good evening 

Matt

bry040
Contributor
Message 24 of 115

Mine is provided with my contact.. but there isn't a fault with one or 2 specific boxes, there is a systemic issue that's being ignored
bry040
Contributor
Message 25 of 115

Even if you have the worst interference possible, it's still not sensible logic to have the box DELETE a set of pre tuned channels.

DocLorro
Contributor
Message 26 of 115

To Matt-S, Yeah of course even though it's got the BT logo, usual **bleep** BT service. Any excuse will do won't it, you must have been getting worried. BT don't provide even the very minimum of customer service, stop kidding yourself!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 115

Looking at this thread , the original poster is receiving their signal from Emley moor and others have indicated that they also receive the signal from there.

When I looked at the thread in August and again today I checked the status of Emley Moor and on both occasions it was showing  as having planned engineering work with potential service interruptions.

Nowi am nowhere near Emley moor but I do know that there is currently a temporary mast alongside the main mast and that scenario is ongoing for a few years as repairs/ upgrades are done. there is also I believe scheduled 700MHZ clearance work that will affect the frequencies that some of the HD muxes will use for transmission , Typically the Com 7 and Com 8 muxes . I think they are doing separately in phases  in October and then a few monts later. However if is very likely that they are doing preparatory work for it ahead of those dates. So whilst you may think you are receiving your Freeview signal from the same source , you are possibly now receiving from a second temporary mast .

So quite a lot going on at Emley moor and it’s relays and has been ever since they started erecting the temporary mast. 

0 Ratings
bry040
Contributor
Message 28 of 115

Thanks, that's interesting, but irrelevant. 

If the box were to temporarily lose all signal all together, it should not, and other set top boxes do not do a mass delete. 

These channels don't just not work, or temporarily disappear, they are deleted from programming and only a retune brings them back.

That's not sensible programming of this box.

DocLorro
Contributor
Message 29 of 115

In response to Zulu17, I have never said I get my signal frim Emley Moor. Also why has an attenuator been mentioned if it's a transmitter issue? It would never be a BT equipment fault would it??

0 Ratings
DocLorro
Contributor
Message 30 of 115

Further comment to Zulu17, assume my previous reply was correct and it's all down to rubbish BT equipment, as usual? Any fault/excuse will do as long as it's nothing to do with BT! By the way Zulu are you a BT employee getting paid for your "work" on here?
0 Ratings