Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bry040
Beginner
Message 11 of 29

Re: Youview Box T2100 - Keeps losing HD channels

Go to solution

Totally agree. I am on Emily moor and am sick of retuning this heap of BT junk. There is no reason for the s/w to delete channels. I suspect it's being done by by, over the network. Have contacted BT until I am blue in the face, but they are totally oblivious!!!

DocLorro
Beginner
Message 12 of 29

Go to solution
You managed to actually contact BT WOW!!?? They make it so difficult I gave up after going round and round in circles. Well done
0 Ratings
DocLorro
Beginner
Message 13 of 29

Go to solution

Why isn't the attenuator supplied with the box then? Obviously it's a know fault and by the look of it has been for some time? Alternatively why don't BT supply the attenuator for free to customers who are experiencing this problem. Oh dear nearly fell off my seat laughing at that!

0 Ratings
DocLorro
Beginner
Message 14 of 29

Go to solution

This needs to marked as unresolved not solved but yet another way of BT slapping themselves on the back I suppose.

0 Ratings
bry040
Beginner
Message 15 of 29

Go to solution

Not sure how to mark it as unsolved? I have ordered myself an attenuator, as I might be old/dead by the time BT get around to doing anything about this... Oddly this also happens at my mothers house and she has very weak signal.. so seems the (shocking) software on this box comes across a change in the channel lineup (perhaps, or that's the theory here) - just goes for the delete button.. some developer somewhere wrote code similar to this...

On Channel Change;

if signal <79%  then 'Delete all channels'

if signal >81% then 'Delete all channels'

else 'successfully update channels.

davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 29

Go to solution

Another possible cause is interference from mobile masts that are transmitting 4G .

I have had a quick look at Emley Moor, and it appears that it is not affected, but its relays may be. 

A simple check here  https://at800.tv/  will either eliminate or clarify the problem, if it is a suspected they will arrange for an engineer to call and if necessary fit a filter FOC.

bry040
Beginner
Message 17 of 29

Go to solution

I was offered an engineer a while ago, with the threat that if the problem was found to be my equipment (I assume an judgement which is totally at their discretion) I would be charged a large fee... I refused that kind offer.

davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 29

Go to solution

The engineer I was refering to was from the "at800.tv" group and not BT.

This group was set up to investigate and cure interference problems from 4G signals, as it does encroach on the freeview signals, and they were only allowed to do this if they agreed to provide this service.

0 Ratings
DocLorro
Beginner
Message 19 of 29

Go to solution

So I buy a BT Humax box and am experiencing problems but I have to contact a company not associated with either BT or Humax? It's not a simple click either, I have to contact them either by phone or fill in a form asking for all of my details. I might have to wait in if one of their "engineers" needs to visit. Guess what yet another dissatisfied BT customer. davidb00 you need to mark this as NOT solved.

0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 29

Go to solution

Only trying to help, I bought a Samsung TV last year and had problems with picture breakup, investigated the problem, realised that it may be a reception interference problem I filled in the form on the at800.tv website, they arranged for two engineers to visit they fitted a filter, problem solved.

I could of course have contacted the supplier who would probably have asked Samsung and then either Samsung or the supplier would, eventually, have arranged for   at800.tv to come and sort it out.