cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 261 of 299

Re: Youview Box T2100 - Keeps losing HD channels

Thanks for the info Yorkshire Midge. I lost my HD channels today and that’s the first time for weeks!  I have also lost the programme guide ( error code YVM401) twice in the last few days and had to do a full reset. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 262 of 299

We've lost our HD channels probably for as long as everyone else on this thread and with the same regularity but have only bothered to Google it after losing them today. We're also on Emley Moor but our box preselects Lincolnshire after a retune, if that's possibly what's driving this (must admit I only skimmed through, there's a lot). A resolution would be lovely.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 263 of 299

I lost my channels again on Tuesday too.

@J_d1  it will almost certainly be this issue.  It won't matter what alternative transmitter you are nearest (Bilsdale in my case, Belmont in yours) as the effect will be the same, and has also been noted in other transmitter areas where there are people with YouView boxes in a strong overlap of signals between transmitters. 

Last update from BT is below which sounds encouraging and this just needs to run it's course to a fix now. 

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Youview-Box-T2100-Keeps-losing-HD-channels/m-p/1989959#M...

In the meantime, just keep an eye on this link as it will give you an indication of when it's likely to occur/have occurred esp. if you have recordings scheduled into the future such as recording a series. 

https://www.rxtvlog.com/p/freeview-updates.html

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 264 of 299

I am in despair - I live in York and probably receive transmissions from Emley Moor. I have had continuous problems with HD channels dropping out. Constantly retuning and losing 11 channels each time (101, 102 etc). Goes from 168 to 157 channels every time, and failing to record.

I have raised three complaints with BT over the last 4 months with this problem and each time received new boxes but to no avail it still keeps happening. The last occasion I upgraded my BT TV subscription and am using a 4k BT Freeview box (same problem).

In the past I have also tried the attenuator solution but this didn't work either.

I am coming to the conclusion that BT TV service cannot supply a stable HD platform and ultimately I shouldn't be paying for this dysfunctional service.

I have other HD TV sets within the same house on the same aerial and these have always been unaffected. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 265 of 299

Likewise - it's very frustrating.

My contract is up for renewal in a couple of days so seriously considering walking away.  Has anyone had any joy in using this issue when negotiating a renewal?

I've also been told by BT that I would need to renew on a 24 month basis but I'm particularly loathe to do that given this ongoing problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 266 of 299

Retuned Feb 5th as advertised.

Between 7th and 10th Feb lost 34 channels. Just retuned again to get them back. Unsure if this is weather related or just the usual 😞

Having now got a smart TV the extra functionality of YouView over a basic PVR has less valuable. It might be time to move on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 267 of 299

It's shocking, months and months pass and this isn't fixed...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 268 of 299

Question re Freeview boxes

Has anyone ever had similar issues with Freeview boxes other than from BT e.g. Humax, Panasonic, Manhattan etc??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 269 of 299

I thought that I had missed the dreaded loss of HD channels, but, since the "digital retune" of the mast in my area (Chesterfield), I now am experiencing the same phenomenon the rest of you have been having for months. I haven't seen any updates from BT on this issue lately, or have I missed them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 270 of 299

The channels disappeared again on 10th February.  It's incredibly frustrating.

0 Ratings