cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bry040
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 100

Re: Youview Box T2100 - Keeps losing HD channels

So I decided to raise another complaint, and actually to BTs credit, I was called by Anish from BT, who had reviewed my complaint and already arranged for a new box to be sent out. Actually really good service from BT!!

0 Ratings
Yorkshire_Midge
Contributor
Message 42 of 100

Well it's certainly progress.   Do let us know how you get on with it, and what model of box BT sends you.   I'm still inclined to think this is a bug/weakness in the code rather than a fault - but it might have been eliminated on a later/different model of box. 

I've just had a check of mine and it has lost channels yet again at some point over the last few days.   Showing 106 channels, and 133 after I re-tuned it just now, so there are obviously more channels being lost than I typically notice. 

0 Ratings
DocLorro
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 100

BT must have changed since I spoke to a hghly intelligent person in India with excellent English and good communication skills (not) who was working from a flowchart and totally unable to make any decisions but the box was one day out of warranty. Stupidly I bought another BT/Humax from Argos, of course it failed within a day or so out of warranty.

If any moderators are reading this why is this still marked as solved when very clearly it isn't?

0 Ratings
bry040
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 100

Yes, I also worry that my the new box will have the same issues, as it could well be in the metadata being pushed out to the boxes over the network and not the box itself - but my hope is that a newer version of the box may have new software or something.. so it's really a fingers crossed situation. May contact Humax and see if they know what's going on if that doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Yorkshire_Midge
Contributor
Message 45 of 100

DocLorro:

The OP may well have marked it as resolved as the attenuator initially appeared to fix the problem for him, but it came back.  It will probably need either him or the moderator to unresolve it. 

0 Ratings
laurac123
Message 46 of 100

I am also having the same problem with channels disappearing on my T2100 box. It has only been occurring over the last few months and a retune normally restores everything. I am on the Hannington transmitter.
0 Ratings
Richie3
Beginner
Message 47 of 100

0 Ratings
DocLorro
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 100

In response to Richie3 this is just what BT will use as an excuse.

0 Ratings
bry040
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 100

It will certainly be interesting to see if these boxes are able to manage this disruption on a nightly basis.. 

0 Ratings
DocLorro
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 100

LOL!!!
0 Ratings