Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 61 of 299

Re: Youview Box T2100 - Keeps losing HD channels

Think I setup my new box Wednesday. 

I emailed Humax and the came back quickly. Whilst they build the hardware, BT add the software. So back to square one, perhaps trying to get to someone in BT at a high enough level who will look at this as a systemic issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 62 of 299

That surprises me actually - I wouldn't have thought BT would do their own code in-house for something like this.  That does rather confirm they have a case to answer though - as they MUST know what sort of scenario would trigger the channels to actually be removed, and be able to tell us. 

Not sure if I'll get anywhere with this idea, but last night, I pinged an email to Arqiva who operate the Emley Moor transmitter to see if they can shed any light on what could be triggering the problem.   Whilst there are no current works detailed in the public domain, that doesn't necessary mean nothing is happening at all - esp. when you consider there is planned work coming up later this month.  Furthermore, I can't recall ever seeing this problem prior to the temporary mast going up at Emley Moor in the middle of last year - and I would be interested in when everyone else thinks the problem started.   It did make me wonder whether the fact the masts are so close together, means there could be a band of poorer signal for anyone effectively living in the shadow of the main mast if that makes sense. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 63 of 299

For me, it started a month or two ago, at most. Prior to that, I've had the box for a couple of years without a single issue. I'm on the Oxford transmitter, so the problem seems like it's widespread and not related to a specific region or transmitter.

Having said that, I haven't lost the channels for about two weeks now.

It has to be a recent firmware update on the box that's triggered this problem.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 64 of 299

If there is a weakness in the product, it is still likely to show up on other transmitters where the same root cause event might also be occurring.  I'm just thinking at the moment, that Emley Moor seems to be a common factor to some of us and there is a lot of work going on up there with the main mast out of a action and a temp mast built alongside it last year - so we might have a better chance of finding the event that triggers it if we focus attentions there. 

You're right - it could be a software update that has introduced a weakness. But I don't have an audit trail of when previous versions were rolled out. I have noticed that my box is now running 32.35.0 / 3.6.128 which started rolling out last month - though no idea when it actually installed itself, and it doesn't look as if it has made any difference to this problem. 

All I can suggest is that anyone who is reading this thread and has the same problem, posts up their findings and transmitter info if they haven't done so.  This is unlikely to get any priority whilst its just a few people reporting it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 299

Just adding myself to the list of people with this problem. Channels have been going missing for as long as i can remember - I only got the box when i moved to Dinnington (Sheffield/Rotherham) in February. Like others, the HD channels in particular disappear. After tuning i think i have about 130+ channels, when they go i am down to about 80. Retuning brings them back, with the signal strength reading 100%. Based on my location, i suspect that i am Emley Moor transmitter. Very irritating and would be a real problem if i wanted to record one of those channels. I'm glad i found this forum - i hope that we all get it resolved.

Highlighted
Message 66 of 299

Same for me but I'm on the Hannington transmitter.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 67 of 299

Happens to my T2100 as well on the Oxford transmitter.

My theory is that Youview maintain a database of which MUXex are used by which transmitter and this is used by the overnight housekeeping but that this database is holding the wrong (out of date information).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 68 of 299

I tend to agree. I have tried reaching out to someone in BT development & testing, as we really need to get past customer service and to someone who can do something on this..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 69 of 299

gomezz:

There may well be some pattern with the muxes. kevcritch's posting got me thinking that in my case, it must be more than just the HD channels I loose - as the number of channels disappearing is a similar number and I've just never had the patience to sit down and see what has actually gone.  I just tend to notice all the BBC B mux channels (i.e. 101-105) as they are typically what I'm wanting to record at the time I find the problem!

Although the Digital TV blurb says I ought to be able to get a small number of the COM7 HD and COM8 HD channels  during the 700mhz clearance work (e.g. 106, 111, 112, 114), I can't actually get ANY of them right now, and even if I could, I would likely loose them on the 23rd of this month - until Jan-Mar 2020 by the look.   So they don't even figure in the number of channels I loose. 

So, it was a bit of a PITA, but what I've just done is sat down and noted all the 132 channels + 79 subscription I normally get. When the problem reoccurs, I'll see if there is any pattern emerging.  

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 70 of 299

@bry040 wrote:

I tend to agree. I have tried reaching out to someone in BT development & testing, as we really need to get past customer service and to someone who can do something on this..

Hi @bry040  ,

i don’t know if you been following the Youview community forum but this extract from a response which was posted on 3 0ctober.

We   ( Youview) are still investigating this issue alongside BT and Humax to find out what is causing this to happen on this specific transmitter (Emley Moor) on Humax devices.

it is within the Youview community thread

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/19002303#Comment_19002303

0 Ratings