cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magpie03
Expert
3,687 Views
Message 1 of 6

Youview Box Won't Play Recordings At All

This is one of a few issues I have been having with my Youview box and I have had enough now. 

Everytime I think I have recorded a programme and go to try and play it, it never does!

 

This is now the third time I have had issues like this now and I think I'm going to cancel my BT TV contract as it is up shortly as I cannot deal with this box and the problems I'm having!

 

I have contacted BT a few times and have been talked through the factory reset process and of course lost all my recordings, I know you can do a software reset as well but that doesn't work!

 

I'm so fed up with this and can't do another phone call to BT to explain this!

 

Is there anything else I could try please?

 

Thanks

 

P.S Sorry for moaning*

0 Ratings
Reply
5 REPLIES 5
walkerx
Recognised Expert
3,668 Views
Message 2 of 6

Re: Youview Box Won't Play Recordings At All


@magpie03 wrote:

This is one of a few issues I have been having with my Youview box and I have had enough now. 

Everytime I think I have recorded a programme and go to try and play it, it never does!

 

This is now the third time I have had issues like this now and I think I'm going to cancel my BT TV contract as it is up shortly as I cannot deal with this box and the problems I'm having!

 

I have contacted BT a few times and have been talked through the factory reset process and of course lost all my recordings, I know you can do a software reset as well but that doesn't work!

 

I'm so fed up with this and can't do another phone call to BT to explain this!

 

Is there anything else I could try please?

 

Thanks

 

P.S Sorry for moaning*


only thing can do is to ditch youview and move to either a normal freeview box, freesat, sky or virgin - this is one reason we ditched due to recording problems

 

0 Ratings
Reply
magpie03
Expert
3,655 Views
Message 3 of 6

Re: Youview Box Won't Play Recordings At All


@walkerx wrote:

@magpie03 wrote:

This is one of a few issues I have been having with my Youview box and I have had enough now. 

Everytime I think I have recorded a programme and go to try and play it, it never does!

 

This is now the third time I have had issues like this now and I think I'm going to cancel my BT TV contract as it is up shortly as I cannot deal with this box and the problems I'm having!

 

I have contacted BT a few times and have been talked through the factory reset process and of course lost all my recordings, I know you can do a software reset as well but that doesn't work!

 

I'm so fed up with this and can't do another phone call to BT to explain this!

 

Is there anything else I could try please?

 

Thanks

 

P.S Sorry for moaning*


only thing can do is to ditch youview and move to either a normal freeview box, freesat, sky or virgin - this is one reason we ditched due to recording problems

 


I'm thinking about doing this although the only thing is I like to keep BT for everything and wasn't actually wanting to split my services up but it seems I'm forced to by the lack of support for the same problems happening over and over again!

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
3,622 Views
Message 4 of 6

Re: Youview Box Won't Play Recordings At All

If BT support ask you to do a box reset and that fails to overcome the problem - simply tell then and they should then go onto to the next stage - if you don't tell them how can they arrange a replacement. They should have records of your previous support calls(if they bother to look at them )( so there shouldn't be a need to go over the same ground again.

0 Ratings
Reply
magpie03
Expert
3,597 Views
Message 5 of 6

Re: Youview Box Won't Play Recordings At All


@zulu17 wrote:

If BT support ask you to do a box reset and that fails to overcome the problem - simply tell then and they should then go onto to the next stage - if you don't tell them how can they arrange a replacement. They should have records of your previous support calls(if they bother to look at them )( so there shouldn't be a need to go over the same ground again.


I have done that reset three times now and still it always goes back to problems!

Why every-time I phone do I need to go through the same procedure, even though I explain this has been done before and why do I have to try this again! I'm more than willing to send this box back if needed and they can test it for themselves!

I pay for BT TV why can't you get a box that actually "fully" works!

0 Ratings
Reply
walkerx
Recognised Expert
3,545 Views
Message 6 of 6

Re: Youview Box Won't Play Recordings At All


@magpie03 wrote:

@zulu17 wrote:

If BT support ask you to do a box reset and that fails to overcome the problem - simply tell then and they should then go onto to the next stage - if you don't tell them how can they arrange a replacement. They should have records of your previous support calls(if they bother to look at them )( so there shouldn't be a need to go over the same ground again.


I have done that reset three times now and still it always goes back to problems!

Why every-time I phone do I need to go through the same procedure, even though I explain this has been done before and why do I have to try this again! I'm more than willing to send this box back if needed and they can test it for themselves!

I pay for BT TV why can't you get a box that actually "fully" works!


I had major issues with my original bt supplied humax box and ended up giving it back to them and switched to the G4 box - after the numerous resets it would no longer allow you to perform them always reporting an error.

 

luckily my retail unit hasn't had that issue - but neither the retail or the new g4 are used any more as fully moved tv to Sky (no reliant on internet then)

0 Ratings
Reply