Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nic-Fam
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Youview - Broadband Usage Monitor

Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue with my usage counter and wondering if anyone else is having the same issue?

We have 40GB per month usage limit which is more than fine for us. So far we have used 20.52GB in March which seems unsual as the internet hasn't been used that much. We have BT TV, and so far this month have watched numerous Football/Rugby matches on BT Sport HD through the Youview box. However, the usage monitor states we have used 0.25GB, which definitely doesn't match up with the amount we have used it.

It seems to me that our BT Sport usage is being counted towards our main broadband, which I was led to believe would not happen. All seemed fine until March and we have been BT TV customers for a while now.

Any help will be appreciated as I have been struggling to get any help on the BT live assistance (wasted one hour to be told nothing could be done). As you can see, my first post in nearly 4 years. The service has mostly been good but this is fustrating, as I don't want us to be charged unfairly!

Paul

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Youview - Broadband Usage Monitor

Do you have any Windows PCs?  They may have been downloading Windows 10 and also uploading it to other PCs outside the home as Microsoft now use Peer-to-peer downloads to reduce the strain on their servers - this can easily account for many tens of Gigabytes which is not great if you are on a limited connection.

0 Ratings
Nic-Fam
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

We have two laptops, but they have been running on Windows 10 for a few months now, and one hasn't been used at all this month.

As I mentioned though, shouldn't the BT Sport activity not count towards my usage? Below is a screenshot of what it is currently showing me, and the amount I have watched this month doesn't equate to 0.25GB. It's almost making me afraid to watch Bt Sport in case I go over the limit!

BT Usage - Captured 13-03.JPG

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 4 of 6

How does that split between upload/download?

I found my usage creaping up - and it was a backup programme uploadeding to a backup site - too often.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with BT Max TV package (inc. UHD).
0 Ratings
Nic-Fam
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I've included another screenshot of the most up to date usage monitor. As you can see, mostly download.

Yesterday we watched the first half of Arsenal vs Watford and all of Man United vs West Ham through the Youview box, but yet the usage has only gone up from 0.25GB to 0.27GB. I would assume that is more than 0.02GB worth of usage.

Paul

BT Usage - Captured 14-03.JPG

0 Ratings
Nic-Fam
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Hi all,

I am really sorry to drag this up once more, but the issue still persists for me. It seems that I am the only one!

Maybe from past experience does anyone have a different email/number to use for someone within BT who can help me? I only ask as I have been through the normal channels to be told there is nothing they can do to help.

I'm keeping a log of it. No matter what we watch on BT sport, the figure allocated to Youview on the usage monitor is only going up 0.02GB a day.

0 Ratings