cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
multibetes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Youview Humax box not loading up

My Youview Humax box isn't loading up. I have tried turning it off and on but it doesn't get past the 1st screen which shows Humax. The box is at least 7 or 8 years old. The DTR lettering is T 1000/GB/500G/BT.

Do I need to put any more information down? Also how to I retrieve the recordings on the drive in the box if it doesn't load up?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
NeilO
Message 2 of 9

Re: Youview Humax box not loading up

Hi @multibetes, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, do you have a BT TV subscription?

You could try a factory reset but if it won't load at all it may not be possible, if the box is faulty it won't be possible to retrieve the recordings as I believe they're copyright protected.

1. Switch the box off then back on again using the switch on the back of your box. A red light should appear on the front panel
  2. Press and hold the VOL button for five seconds until you see ‘Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N’ at the bottom of the screen. When you see this, press the standby/power button on the front of the box
  3. After a few seconds you’ll see the ‘Maintenance Mode’ menu. Choose and select Factory Reset, keep recordings using the arrow buttons. This option will allow you to keep your recordings, scheduled recordings, and any personal settings you've made to favourites and playlists
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

@multibetes 

These old units are failing now, typically because of issues with the capacitors. These are replaceable if you have a little skill.

It is possible to retrieve old recordings on the box but only those in SD format as the HD ones are encrypted. This does require dismantling the box to remove the hard drive and connecting it to a PC etc.

I can give you guidance on both these approaches if you wish.

0 Ratings
multibetes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I don't get a red light only the orange light.

I do have a BT TV subscription as I have Entertainment Max. I have done an upgrade order last night to the broadband so when that order clears I will update the TV plan as I understand the plan I am on is going soon.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 9

Hi @multibetes, I'm sorry about that, it sounds like the box has failed if it can't be fixed with a reset. That sounds like a plan, when you're changing the TV package ask for a replacement box as the one you've got it is quite old now.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
multibetes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I have updated the TV package and they are going to send out a new box.

Thanks for your help. I hope it arrives soon.

multibetes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

The box has come so how do I return the old box?

If I need a returns bag how do I get one?

Thanks

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 9

Hi, @multibetes welcome back to the community, was there a returns bag included in the box? If there wasn't, one should arrive separately in two or three working days. 

If you need a replacement returns bag, you can order another by logging into MyBT and selecting 'View Details' under 'Please return your equipment'

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
multibetes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I got the box before December 2019 and the previous contract started before December 2019.

Does that make any difference as I have read on these forums that it doesn't have to be sent back because it was before that date?

0 Ratings