Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
QPRGOD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Youview Netflix App - Behind the Times

Why is the Youview Netflix app not as good as those on, say, the PS4 or the latest Android Smartphone? For example, the Youview app couldn't play the new Black Mirror episode properly and doesn't have features such as; video previews when hovering over selections, play from beginning and quick access to Film & TV show sub menus....I had to fire up the PS4 to watch the Bandersnatch interactive episode of Black Mirror and was shocked to see how much better maintained the PS4 version is...
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Youview Netflix App - Behind the Times

Perhaps a question you should be asking of Netflix?
0 Ratings
QPRGOD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Yeah, good point. I guess Youview is a minor platform in terms of costumer reach for Netflix.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 4 of 15

Ask Netflix as they make the app for Youview. Youview just supply what Netflix offer them.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 15

Shouldn't BT/Youview take this up with Netflix on behalf of their customers? It is the customers who pays BT for the service?

Stew
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 15

But the customer pays extra for Netflix and BT are merely acting as payment agent and providing the platform for the app to run on. A little different to issues with channels and services bundled in with the BT subscription.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 7 of 15

Looks like the issue also affects Apple TV a and Google chrome cast.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 15

So on that basis, if my freezer develops a fault, I need to go back to the manufacturer and not the shop I bought it from?
Irregardless, BT should want any problems with their platform to be rectified as soon as possible and BT would have more clout with Netflix than a sole customer.

Stew
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 15

More like if the frozen burgers are off then you don't blame the freezer if it is holding temperature as it should.
0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 15

BT provide the app to retain customers, the customer quite rightly expects anything provided by BT to work properly. A customer would also expect apps to have the same functionality as provided on other platforms, otherwise why would BT provide it? They can't be that naive surely.

I don't know if it's down to cost, a lack of testing, STB capability etc, probable all of these and more, but the app is an intrinsic part of the STB, not a physical add on, so the responsibilty for it's performance is with BT as far as the customer is concerned.