cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jam2000
Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Youview Netflix App - Behind the Times

Yet the issue also applies to products provided to two of the largest tech companies in the world. Apple TV and Google chrome cast.
0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

@jam2000wrote:
Yet the issue also applies to products provided to two of the largest tech companies in the world. Apple TV and Google chrome cast.

I've never used either so I wouldn't know. I do use Prime though and it has worked faultlessly on my PS4 and Smart TV, the app on my 4K box is another matter. There could also be the question with some organisations as to how much they actually want apps to work well on their platforms, as if just having an app available is sufficient to deter customers from moving to other platforms.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 15

Currently Netflix help page

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/62526

includes some info about the interactive content that is provided , that doesn't currently mention Youview (as an individual I did comment back  on that) .

so it seems not all Netflix players are able to play interactive content and not all interactive programmes have a linear version available.

0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

My parents have the regular non-UHD BT TV box, I noticed while visiting for Christmas that Netflix via the YouView box uses the old interface design and even still has the star ratings rather than the thumbs up/thumbs down, is that the same for anyone else? They also don't have the newer selection of profile icons.

I personally use Netflix via my TV now but I'm pretty sure my UHD BT box still had the more modern interface, last time I tried it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ney
Expert
Message 15 of 15

The 22 inch Samsung full HD smart TV in my bedroom thats almost 5 year old dont seem to have any new Netflix interface and dont look much differant from the Netflix interface on both my BT Youview T2100 and the BT Youview retail box.

Dont know if the over 4 year old 32inch Samsung full HD smart TV in living room has the new Netflix interface for I always tend to use Netflix and Prime Video via the BT Youview T2100 box. I also use that box for BT TV.

Darren

0 Ratings