Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pointer7
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Youview Package options

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to change my BT TV Package and noticed that I can switch to the tv essentials package for only £5 a month

Im currently on BT TV Unlimited paying £12 a month.

As far as I can see the only difference between the two is the BT On demand player (Which i never use)

Would I lose any channels if I switch to the essentials package? I am also out of contract so I could cancel the whole tv thing completely!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
davidrsim
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Youview Package options

I was out of contract so I got rid of BTTV completely. 

Main issues

- bandwidth for Youview on demand viewing comes out of your broadband package allowance and could be substantial. I have unlimited  monthly allowance so that doesn't affect me. I was never too sure what was included in the unlimited TV package anyway e.g. Netflix. 

- you can't watch BT Sport through the Youview box. You can still watch it on tablet / PC.

- if you receive the IPTV channels like Fox or Gold you will no longer receive them. No big loss for me.

0 Ratings
pointer7
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply,

I have unlimited broadband anyway so thats not an issue and I dont receive any of the extra channels so I think I may just cancel the TV then switch to cheaper broadband (seeing as I wont lose any functionality at all!)

0 Ratings
duncansby
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

I've just done the same.  Bear in mind that there is a good chance that they will tell you that the youview box will not function without a BTTV subscription, they will even double check with a supervisor.  However it has been confirmed multiple times both here and by Youview that your box will work fine. 

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

The Entertainment pack is currently advertised for £5/month which will give you the Extra chan's. and BT Sports, so why cancel??
0 Ratings