cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Youview TV not working (black screen) code:IPC6023

Ok, I’ve been with BT for 6 months and I have never had so many problems! After a couple of months with a final working service, it decided to stop working again and I’m getting fed up with resetting my box and hun and being on the phone.. I can’t watch any channels or record anything, it’s just black! I get the error IPC6023 and no matter what I do, it’s not fixing! Been like this for a month now and fed up 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Youview TV not working (black screen) code:IPC6023

There's so many causes of IPC6023, all network related, and unfortunately you haven't given enough detail. Try searching IPC6023 from the search bar above

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

The message says ‘ there is a problem with your broadband which is affecting ITV1. check the connection between your box and router then restart the router.’ Which I have done… then when I click into Help it says IPC6023- poor picture quality with 6 options to help try and fix this! Which I have done, but still same problem I have even had a new box sent out to me to see if that works and sadly it hasn’t. I am paying for a service. I am not getting and this is in breach of the contract.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

How is you TV box connected to your hub? forget mini connectors and Wi-Fi ,the only reliable way is by ethernet cable

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

My TV box is connected to my hub by wifi and I stream my channels as I don’t have an Ariel. One reason why I chose this service that I pay for!.. I even took my TV and box into the back room, where my hub is and connected it to the hub by Ethernet to see if that would work but I still had the same problem, so not very reliable. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Please don't use exclamation marks, there's no need for them, I am just another BT customer trying to help you out.

Are you on FTTC or FTTP

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Sorry thought you was ‘a staff’ other wise I wouldn’t of put half of what I put. Thank you for trying to give me advice and my ‘!’ Weren't to ‘shout’. I am currently trying again to set up and what feels like the hundredth time, Factory reset! Just to see if it will work and I don’t have to watch everything on an app. Thank you again

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

No Problem.

What about my question, is your broadband Fibre To The Cabinet (FTTC) or Fibre To The Premises?

Look here if you are unsure Openreach modem (ONT) explained: Ports and models available | BT Help If you have something like that then you are on FTTP

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

@Clarebear86 

Hi I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your TV service.

I have been doing some checks in the background and it may be that your fault is a Head End ( switch in the exchange) related one.

Did you problem get worse after 23 Jan?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Hi Philip.. my problem has been most of January when my ‘live TV/freeview’ stopped working and the error message came in. I got a new tv box on the date you mentioned, I think but not 100% sure.

0 Ratings