Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Youview Ultra HD Box - No signal to the TV when I turn box off - New customer

Go to solution

Hi All,

This may be a really dumb question but I was looking for some help. I've been out of country and just returned. 

Our Fibre Broadband is about to be switched on today. However in the meantime I have set everything up in the house. Plugged in router, BT TV etc.

The first step on the BTTV screen is to link it to the Broadband router. Which I can't do as it is switched on but we have no broadband working as yet.

I've plugged the arial lead into the BTTV box and put the other areal lead into the TV. 

However when I put the BTTV box into standby we lose the TV signal to the TV. When I turn the BTTV box out of standby mode again the TV comes back.

Is it because I haven't yet set up the BTTV box with the broadband and tuned it in?

Thanks for anyones help

David

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Youview Ultra HD Box - No signal to the TV when I turn box off - New customer

Go to solution

If the aerial lead into the Tv is from the Youview box then the pass thru  signal will not  occur if the Youview box is switched off or in some standby settings. That is because manufacturers offer and are required to achieve specific power consumption targets when in standby and the pass thru requires power. 

0 Ratings
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Youview Ultra HD Box - No signal to the TV when I turn box off - New customer

Go to solution

Thanks @zulu17

Once I have the Youview BTTV box up and running I probably should go in and change the standby settings so the signal to the TV always stays on even if the box is in standby mode.

0 Ratings