Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pintu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Youview+ Ultra HD with non-4k TV and HDMI 1.4 receiver

Go to solution

Hello,

I am about to order BT Total Entertainment with the Ultra HD box. I have an older Sony Full-HD TV which is connected to a Denon Receiver that only supports HDMI 1.4.

Obviously I won't be able to receive Ultra HD content with this, but will I be able to watch all channels (including BT Sport) with this setup and Full HD where available?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Youview+ Ultra HD with non-4k TV and HDMI 1.4 receiver

Go to solution
Can I quickly check that your broadband speeds are good enough by asking you to go to:
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

And to post the results, excluding any personal information.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Pintu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thats for ADSL, I am going to order Infinity 2. How is that useful?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
Its not if you follow the link and put your number in it will show you infinity speeds as well

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Pintu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
I can't. I don't have a phone line yet.
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
You can try the address as well by clicking on "Address Checker"

Pintu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

18adb369d0[1].png

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Okay so BT always take the lowest speed and that is 39.8Mbps to have BT YouviewUHD box you need a guaranteed 44Mbps so you wont be able to get a Youview UHD box however you could still get a standard Youview box and upgrade when you get a 4k TV or when your speeds increase.

0 Ratings
Pintu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Are you saying that I will get 39.8 download / 10 upload if I order Infinity 2? These are effectively Infinity 1 speeds for a higher price. I also got a "guaranteed speed" of 60 mbps.

I have finished the order process of Total Entertainment with UHD as someone in online chat told me that I can use the UHD box with my FHD TV. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

There is a setting on the Youview box - Youview>Settings>Tv Signal & quality >HDMI Display Setting

For the UHD box currently there are 5 display settings - 720p , 1080i , 1080p , UHD 50fps8 bit , UHD 50fps 10bit so you would need to set it so it is compatible with your TV.