cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smiffy71
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Youview? What do YouViewers think?

I'm getting my new box soon. Any thoughts on what you've seen so far?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: Youview? What do YouViewers think?

check the order

0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

if i ever get mine i will let you know.Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Smiffy71
Contributor
Message 4 of 19

What do you mean "Check the order"

0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 19

There are loads ordering yooou view and not getting anything ,orders keep failing

0 Ratings
Highlighted
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 19

But, I suspect, there are loads with no problems as well. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago with no problems and everything arrived on time. Remember, on a help forum you only normally see the problems. The majority are probably fine.
rebnats
Contributor
Message 7 of 19

And pigs might fly
0 Ratings
JonCamBates
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

Recieved my Yourview Humax box yesterday, plugged it all in, software updated and tuning in of available freeview channels... about 20 mins in all and wow! It all works and I am actually very impressed.

The EPG and interface is really well laid out and easy to navigate, so much more to see and do than is mentioned on any promotion of this service. Cynically I didn't expect the BT Vision section to work well but it does and the menu system is ten times better than the regular BT Vision box. Great search functions and layout. It does take around half a minute to load the BTV section when leaving the Freeview hub but it's fantastic.

The only downside so far are adverts played in ITV player, 4OD player and Chan 5 player. You cannot skip them either. But BT content has no ads and your own recordings you can skip them.

Secondly there are no 3D titles listed in the Box Office section. I am not sure if that's due to compatibility or just no content available this week. Either way I hope that returns as I it's the only source of 3D content right now for me.

All in all I am very impressed with the whole package. I tested every area and it all seems to just work as advertised.

0 Ratings
Mattyjoyce
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Thanks Jon

i am definitely thinking about getting it, just waiting till all the fuss has died down about, hopefully will get it next month.

if it is good I will consider getting infinity too as I have heard that some channels (sports etc)  will be available on bb

My Bt vision is working ok but dates dated and not very responsive etc.

are chain hd channels good, one thing I def want

0 Ratings
Smiffy71
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

I agree. i installed my box today and so far I am very impressed. It found all available channels easily. HD is just that.

It is as simple as scrolling back through the guide, finding what you want from the last 7 days and it opens. Advert breaks must be made to not be forward winded so is perfectly acceptable to me. The BT side if it works a treat as well. Really impressed. 

One thing, not everything is available from the last 7 days. The England game was no longer available, but with rights etc. that is again understandable. 

I think if you go into it knowing what it is and does you will be pleased. Obviously there are improvements, but I for one am very pleased with the way it all fits together. 

0 Ratings