Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 20

Youview & BT Sports

Go to solution
I have BT Broadband (not infinity) a Youview box and bt sports.

I can access bt sports via the app and online but not on my youview box.

I didn't think I would be able to but then I got a text from bt

"Message from BT - Your BT TV service has now been updated. Please reset your Set Top Box to allow the service to work. If you require assistance on how to do this please visit www.youtube.com/btcare Thank you"

Rescanning for channels hasn't worked and neither has unplugging from the mains and switching on again.

When it says reset your box does it mean use the Device Management - Reset Youview Box option? If so will this give me bt sports on my youview box at the cost of having to setup the box and recordings again?
19 REPLIES 19
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 20

Re: Youview & BT Sports

Go to solution

If you check here does it state copper multicast available...

https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Community/Broadband_Community/Coverage/ADSL_Availibility_Ch...

I know you say you have had a text message saying it is available but sometimes these messages are just a blanket send so always best to confirm things first before starting to dig deeper...

BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Hi PB54,

I believe that if you are off a BT Infinity enabled cabinet but still with BT Broadband then BT Sports will not be available.

Steve

0 Ratings
halestone
Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution
I've just got btsport on youview via Adsl, Bt website says you need to have a broadband speed of at least 5.25mb and from reading the forums u need to be copper multicast,.

It took me 3 phone calls and the last customer service person emailed a dept in Newcastle who dealt with with getting me setup
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution
Thank you all

The site states Copper Multicast is available but no speeds listed.

Dispute what BT says I get about 16 Mbps downstream.
0 Ratings
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution
Rang bt 0800 800 150 and was told as a copper customer I cannot have bt sport via a youview box.

He suggested I call the customer options team on 0800 800 150!

I'll try again another day.
0 Ratings
halestone
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution
Keep trying, ask for them to email the btsport desk in Newcastle.

After the female helper emailed them I had BTsport on youview via adsl within 48hrs.

I really had to make my point seeing as the BT wholesale checker shows my max bb as 3.5mb when I get 6 to 8.5mb, from what I understand the Newcastle dept can bypass what the system is telling them, ie sales can't put an order for bt sport to youview if there data shows u getting low bb speed.

Good luck
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

PB54 you need 3 things to be able to get BT Sports over ADSL. Can you firstly confirm you meet all 3 requirements then maybe if you are still struggling a mod on here might be able to help.

Firstly your exchange needs to be not enabled for Infinity, this is different to you just choosing not to have Infinity because you are happy with copper. So you need to confirm Infinity is NOT available from your exchange.

Secondly you need to use the checker to ensure your exchange has copper multicast available.

https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Community/Broadband_Community/Coverage/ADSL_Availibility_Ch...

I think you say you have done this and it is but just to confirm.

Thirdly you need to be able to get a download speed of over 6Mbps (over 5 could be ok but you might have to argue the point a bit). Try something like speedtest.net to see what that says (from a wired computer if possible) or read your hub connection speed.

http://192.168.1.254 - advanced settings,broadband,connection,downstream

0 Ratings
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution
Thank you

I'm not sure about the infinity enabled exchange. If you tell me how I can find out I'll see what I can find. I keep being offered it and was offered it when I took the youview.

I believe it is copper multicast available but ill check again

I'll get the stats for the connection but I'm getting about 16 Mbps downstream.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

the availability checker will show whether FTTC  is available and also whether Fibre Multicast is available

0 Ratings