cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Banksie
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Youview box and BT TV contracts

New to the community and learning loads, thanks. However I'd like to ask a question as I can't find a specific answer.
I've been with BT for some years and always assumed that my contract for BT TV and my Youview box went hand-in-hand. By that mean that I understood that to have a contract for BT TV you had to have a contract for a Youview box (i.e. you couldn't have one without the other)
However, I've discovered on the forums that my Youview box is not a contract item but has been 'bought' by me under a 'deferred payment' process.
So my question is; If my Youview box fails and I am within a 18 month contract with BT for TV services, do BT provide a free Youview box replacement to fulfill the contract or do I have to obtain a replacement at my own cost?
Apologies in advance for my ignorance.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Youview box and BT TV contracts

Hi @Banksie Welcome to the community and thanks for your question, it's nice to see you're learning loads from the other community members and I'm sorry that you've been unable to locate the answer to your question.

Yes as long as you are within contract and your Youview box fails you will get a replacement free of charge, if you're out of contract on your BT TV plan we could re-contract your BT TV on a new minimum term deal to provide you with a free replacement or you could purchase your own.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Banksie
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi NeilO.

Thanks for the swift response which is encouraging.  At the moment my YouView box is playing up.  Freezing when watching streamed stuff like Netflix and Apps like BBC iPlayer which require a power on and off.  It's good to know  that if it fails in contract it will be repaired/replaced.  Can I ask if all moderators are BT staff?

Once again thanks for the information.  Paul

@NeilOwrote:

Hi @Banksie Welcome to the community and thanks for your question, it's nice to see you're learning loads from the other community members and I'm sorry that you've been unable to locate the answer to your question.

Yes as long as you are within contract and your Youview box fails you will get a replacement free of charge, if you're out of contract on your BT TV plan we could re-contract your BT TV on a new minimum term deal to provide you with a free replacement or you could purchase your own.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@Banksie no worries I was glad that I could answer you. Yes the Mods are BT employees.

A freezing picture is normally caused by a connection speed problem. How does your Youview box connect to the Hub is it directly using an ethernet cable or do you have powerline adapters?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Banksie
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Hi NeilO
Box is connected directly to the hub.
The box is a Humax.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Banksie,

Thank you for replying. If the box is freezing and is needing a restart, then it sounds like to me the box is faulty. If you send in your details, I'll be able to run a few check on your service.

I've sent you an private message with details on how you can contact the team.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Banksie
Beginner