cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Youview box broadband light

My bt youview won’t connect to broadband. Power is on but not broadband. I am using an Ethernet cable between hub and youview. My I have switched both router and youview on and off for a while. Broadband is ok to phone via wireless.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Youview box broadband light

@Carpetbagger1 

Try a different Ethernet cable.

Also check that the Ethernet cables are secure both ends, and the securing clip is not broken, as that is a very common cause of problems, as without the plug clicking into place, and being help by the clip, you will get a bad connection.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

New Ethernet fitted, box says waking up & wait. Should the broadband light be on at this stage ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Still no light, just keeps going through same process , wake up, wait , youview logo & wait
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

It should still start up, even if there is no Ethernet connection, so it sounds like the box is faulty.

See if anyone else has any suggestions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Hi Capetbagger1 I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your Youviewbox. Can you try a factory reset choosing the option to keep your recordings? Post back and let me know if this helps?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I had on line chat with bt faults and they asked me to try a few things without success. They are now sending new box out to me 

0 Ratings