cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reckett
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Youview box dead front panel

Soon after an upgrade to the software on 27th march, strange things started happening. Firstly the orange standby light didn't change to blue when the unit was switched on. Then the front panel display went blank, and hasn't returned. Then the orange standby light went out. All this, but the box still responded to remote commands. Then it froze. Switched off, then on again, and froze after a short while of use. Off, and then on again, and did a i factory reset. Froze during the reset (12hrs waited!) Switched off and on again, and still no front panel lights, but box started up the setup, but no response to remote. Cannot get anywhere. Any similar experiences? I'm thinking power issue to the front display or similar. Time to get it replaced?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisC
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Youview box dead front panel

Definitely sounds like a connection / control issue to the front panel and time for a replacement. Could it have been fed orange juice by a smaller member of the household? My kids have trashed a couple of DVD Players that way.
0 Ratings
Reckett
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Youview box dead front panel

Nope. Nothing spilled into the system as far as I am aware. Just phoned bt and have an engineer coming out for a look-see. Fingers crossed. The front panel is completely dead, and won't even turn off using the button. Volume and channel buttons don't work either. System also freezes when watching now tv. Remote becomes unresponsive, and I have to switch off for a few minutes to get it all to work again!
0 Ratings