Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Crayfish999
Message 1 of 4

Youview box has failed

Go to solution

Hi, I need some advice about my Youview box and I haven't got very far with BT's chat or phone support.

The Youview box died yesterday. It was in standby and kept going off and on, now it doesn't switch on. I've been a BT customer for about 4 years and had the box since day one. However, I cancelled the extra channels I was paying for in 2015 and it became a Freeview-only box.

So I just want to know if I'm entitled to a replacement or if I have to buy a new one.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Youview box has failed

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Its only guaranteed for a year, and if you do not have an active BT Vision subscription, they you would have to replace it yourself.

I would suspect that its probably one of the old larger YouView boxes like this.

YouView+ box

The new ones are smaller.

YouView+ box

If you were to subscribe to BT Vision again, and agree to a new 12 month contract, you should be offered a new replacement.

I would see that as your best option.

The other option is to just buy a retail box, but you may have issues later if you want to add BT Vision again.

0 Ratings
Crayfish999
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks Keith, it is the big old box. Having not used the extra channels much (hence cancelling,) I don't think it would be worth replacing.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

The basic package is only £5 a month for 12 months +£9.99 upfront, thats just £69.99 which is cheaper than buying a retail YouView box. After 12 months, the box is yours to keep.

0 Ratings