Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eloiset
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Youview+ box losing connection to the internet

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded to youview+ and I'm having an issue that when I'm watching Netflix, 4oD or iplayer, or open BT player it will cut out and I won't be able to connect for a few hours. Sometimes I am able to watch things without any problems but other times I wait for hours to be able to finish something I've started. My BT hub is not in the same room as my youview+ box but they are connected through extenders. I have been on hold and spoken to many different people who have offered me lots of solutions (once 4 different solutions in one call!) but nothing seems to be working. Every time I phone up they haven't read my notes and I have to go through everything again and when they tell me to do something I say yep have done that last time - every call takes at least an hour if not close to 2.

They are now sending me some new extenders but in case this isn't actually the problem, does anyone have any ideas? Here is a list of problems that I've been told it is but later found out are not the problem:

- resetting the hub, box or extenders

- plugging or unplugging cables

- faulty cables (an engineer actually came and replaced the cables we had and showed us a fancy machine to show us why his cables were better)

- registering my netflix account with youview

- having the wrong hub for the rest of the setup

- having only had the box a short time

- having a weak internet signal

- the extenders not being strong enough to play netflix

Am at my wits end - just want to enjoy some Christmas telly!

Eloise

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Youview+ box losing connection to the internet

Welcome to this user forum.

Is your Internet connection affected when the cut off occurs?

Do the lights on the home hub change colour?

0 Ratings
eloiset
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Keith,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The internet works fine on all our other devices when the cut off occurs - it's worth mentioning that my previous flatmate had an apple TV box and we streamed Netflix through this for a year without having any issues.

I am not sure about the lights - it may be that one of them changes colour but I don't know which. I will look out next time I notice it. 

Thank you for your help,

Eloise

0 Ratings
Highlighted
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Does the extenders work when a laptop is plugged in instead of the Youview box?

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings