cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonGBray
Message 11 of 21

Re: Youview box low volume remedy

Go to solution
This solution worked for me too. Take note BT and fix this in the product.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
lelboy
Beginner
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

Same here. Never thought about that answer before - as it didn't seem particularly logical! well, it's fine now:)

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Re: bt vision box low volume remedy

Go to solution

I have just moved from Virgin to BT, the sound output is very low, from New BT YouView Box I have to turn the Vol of the TV to 35 where as it was before 15, all so the sound out from the Red & White Phono socket is low, I yours it to send the sound to a Bluetooth Transmitter

0 Ratings
PippaK
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Thank you for the advice given by the panel.

i also had very low Volume given by a New type BT YouView box, which meant when watching TV with the BT box Off the volume was set at 20 when watching a programme via the BT box the volume was set at 67/75.

This problem was rectified by changing  the sound output of the BT box from Sterio to Suround Sound, I don't know whether Surround Sound is in Sterio but the sound output from the BT box was now acceptable, the BT box sound output should be set to default Surround Sound & not Sterio, 

I have my TV fed by the BT box HDMI socket and the SCART socket sound going to a Bluetooth Transmitter, and Bluetooth Recever with Earphones, the Bluetoth Receiver was unusable when the BT box sound output was set to Stero 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

This worked for me too! Thank you! My  Youview boxed was changed and the volume was very low. Both remotes  had same volume range whereas before they were always different. Anyway it worked  so thanks again. 

0 Ratings
Marty79er
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution
How do you change the settings on the you view box?
0 Ratings
Gleaf2
Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

I have just installed a replacement BT TV box and the sound volume is very low. Even on 100% it is too low for me. My Sony Bravia TV will blast the roof off if I let it. There does not seem to be the option to change from sterio to surround in settings, as advised in previous posts - advice please! 

0 Ratings
Bartlett9
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution
You sir are a genius and my saviour! After four long years of silence and sssshhh...ing, followed by a random google by my dad and inside 10 seconds, hallelujah! Hallelujah!, I shall never struggle to hear the tv on volume 100 ever again. Volume 25 is a bit loud now! The BT expert clearly doesn’t have a clue. HDMI sound output- Stereo to surround and boom super loud volume! Back to stereo and it’s still loud!!
0 Ratings
Bartlett9
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution
you’re wrong, Scotsog1971 was spot on. I was in borderline silence at volume 100 and then in settings and HDMI stereo to surround and boom it’s super super loud!!!
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

I just tried this on my retail BT Youview box in my bedroom on my almost 5 year old 22inch Samsung full HD smart TV and it has improved the sound a little bit as I was always having low sound on that TV even with the Youview volume set to 100 and TV up to 35 volume. and watches it a few days later. I will try same later on my BT Youview box in living room asi also use that for BT TV, as although that Samasung 32inch full HD smart TV seems to have better sound its still not great at times and it may help dad as hes now in his mid 80s and is partly deaf and at times I had to put the volume on TV in living room up to 25 or 30 when he was watching TV then turn it down a little when the ads or music came on. Dad dont watch as much TV late at night as he used to for the last short while hes been going to bed between 9pm-10pm. Sometimes before that and records what he wants to watch if its like Question Time and watches it a few days later if he remembers hes recored it.

So thanks for this thread as i know knew about this.

Darren

0 Ratings