cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eltel80
Message 1 of 4

Youview box refuses to start-up

My Youview box is refusing to start up.  Over the past few weeks there hae been problems with it when turning it on but a reset has solved it.  Now it does not start at all.  It displays the HUMAX screen and then begins the Youview startup but then goes no further, feezing on 'nearly ready'.  I did a factory reset when it did decide to turn on but that has not solved the problem, and when I go into mantenance mode and try the factory reset options they are unavailable. 

Can anybody give me any other ideas or do I need a new box?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Youview box refuses to start-up

I have found that if I leave my box tuned to an Internet channel when I switch off it can refuse to boot up and have to completely power down to get it restarted but always ( so far ) starts fine if I make sure it is tuned to a normal channel via the aerial before I switch off, bit of a pain having to remember but at least it's working for me, so could be worth a try.
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Have you tried switching the box off at the mains and see what happens then?

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
saintmatt
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi Eltel80

It sounds like the hard drive inside your box is on its way out. I had the same problem with my box and in the end the only solution was to replace the hard drive (this was a newer "G4" T2100 box)

If your box is still in warranty I'd suggest you get in touch with BT or Humax to arrange a replacement. If not, I'm happy to describe the process of replacing the hard drive, if you're comfortable with computers and a screwdriver it's quite an easy process 🙂

0 Ratings