cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D-ave
Expert
Message 11 of 33

Re: Youview box stops recording before end of programme

I agree with all the negative comments in this thread - and blaming it on the broadcaster doesn't wash as it's often BT TV - for example today, the BT flagship Premier League match in UHD got abruptly cut off before the end as it overran, and so did the HD version!

It's an utterly ludicrous situation and both Youview and their lead partner BT need to get their fingers out and fix this long running and completely justified complaint from viewers. There isn't even a 'manual record' alternative as with Sky, which gives you two ways of overcoming the problem, so that should be added, too.

Exact Recording (or whatever it's called) does not work consistently and will never work consistently while humans are in charge of adjusting overrunning finish times because humans all make mistakes sometimes, just can't be bothered, or have to use systems that don't always update fast enough.

This 'exact recording' thing works like a schoolboy's theoretical design project for his GCSEs, someone who has no knowledge of the real world and how human-interacting systems work in practice. It will be an important factor for me to consider when my BT Youview contract comes up for renewal in a few months time and could be the deciding factor if there is no sign of something being done about it.

It would be nice to read some moderator comment on this problem, and yes it really is a problem.

Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 33

Well said
0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 13 of 33

The same thing happened again yesterday at the end of the Leicester-Man City match, which overran by 5 minutes, *and* to the following programme Danny Baker's lounge, which was also cut off in mid sentence at the originally scheduled finish time of 11pm. Both manager's interviews were lost at the end of the match recording.

BT cannot even claim that it's occasional - it's a regular occurrence and it's *their* fault both through not updating the planner in time and through not forcing a change in the Youview software to give users more control.

Shambolic.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
softsorter
Contributor
Message 14 of 33

I recorded UFC last night on BT Sport and the championship fight finished recording with one round to GO !! waste of time watching it if you don't get to see the end, does it on Discovery and History as well, surely BT either don't know how to fix it or dont give a Rats **bleep**. Come on BT this is rubbish and were paying more for the service fix the dam thing !!!
0 Ratings
softsorter
Contributor
Message 15 of 33

Recording Times Again !

Recorded UFC last night on series link and the championship fight was on last and BT Youview box stopped recording with one round to go ! who won ? you tell me !!

Also does it on Discovery series link and History chops the end 1min off those, come on BT your good at increasing the prices all the time even though were in contract, sort this issue out its been going on far to long unles you don't actually care? weve got you money so put up with it ? were working on  how we can increase the prices again and don't give a dam its not working correctly.

Enough is enough this has been ongoing far to long.

0 Ratings
swatty
Message 16 of 33

Re: Recording Times Again !

Just adding my voice to the chorus of discontent on the topic of recordings cutting off early.

Several times recently I have had the infuriating scenario of watching a recording to the point of 'and the murderer is.......' only for the screen to blank with the message 'Your recoded programme has ended'. For goodness sake, how hard can it be to fix this?

0 Ratings
gryphon2
Contributor
Message 17 of 33

This issue is incredibly annoying. The last 2 weeks episodes of Mr Selfridge have cut off at 57 minutes so have missed the endings.
I don't see how recording the following program would help as surely the broadcasters signal wouldn't include the adverts so therefore wouldn't catch the end of the previous program.
I tend to not bother watching the program on replay due the insistence of BT/YouView of inflicting adverts on us and not being able to skip them just to catch the last minute or so. Ggrr!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 33

@gryphon2  which channel are you recording  Mr Selfridge on ITV , STV  ,  ITV+1 etc

0 Ratings
gryphon2
Contributor
Message 19 of 33

Am recording on STV HD
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 33

Well it is a Freeview transmission  so the most likely cause here is that STV are providing inaccurate signals as to when the program ends and next starts  - I recorded Mr Selfridge off ITV HD using the accurate recording process and have complete recordings.

Complain to STV as they would seem to be responsible.

There have I believe previous issues with that channel

0 Ratings