cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMPV
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Youview box won't connect to internet

Our Youview box has suddenly decided not to connect to the internet.  I've tried all the suggestions (on/off, reset hub etc), but nothing works.  The only thing I haven't done is manually input IP address etc as I have no idea how to find out all the bits of information it requests.  It connects via a powerline that has two outlets - one to Youview and one to Sony smart TV.  I've tested wiring/outlets on both TV and box and no problems with TV on anything so issue must be with the Youview box.   Any ideas?  Has the box just broken?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 7

Re: Youview box won't connect to internet

Hi @SMPV 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having connecting your BT TV box to the internet.  Have you spoken with anyone since you posted this?  If possible, try a direct ethernet connection from the BT TV box to your BT Hub.

Let me know if you're still having this issue as we can give you a hand from here.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
SMPV
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi Robbie,

No, I haven't spoken to anyone.  It's not possible to have a direct connection from the box to the hub as the hub is plugged into the main BT socket which for some unknown reason is in the kitchen rather than living room. 

What else would you suggest?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 7

Hi @SMPV what type of powerline adapters do you have? Have you tried swapping the ethernet cable that goes to the TV over to the Youview box to see if that helps?

0 Ratings
SMPV
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

The powerline has two ethernet points and yes, I have swapped them over - TV works fine in both, Youview box in neither so I don't think the powerline is faulty.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 6 of 7

Thanks @SMPV,

We may need an engineer to go out to check to see if it's the box at fault. Before we can do this, can you please reset your box to factory settings and delete recordings? This needs to be done through the maintenance mode. You can find out how here: Reset BT TV Box Maintenance Mode

Thanks,

DanielS

0 Ratings
SMPV
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for your help, but guess what?  I turned the TV/Youview box on NYE and it was all working fine.  Absolutely no idea why - hadn't done anything different to the previous days when it wouldn't work at all.

0 Ratings