Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hallbh
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Youview+ box

Go to solution

I signed up for a one year contract on Entertainment plus and BT sport about 2 years ago. As part of that I was sent a Youview+ box. My understanding was that this box would be my property after the contract ended. I have now decided to cancel my subscriptions as I don't use the channels outside freeview. Clearly I am out of contrtact. I have been told by BT that the box must be returned, or I can keep it for a new 1 year contract at £ 3 per month. Is this correct ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Youview+ box

Go to solution

Hi @hallbh The request to return the box is to ensure it's recycled correctly. The box is your property and you can keep it and use it. You will find details Here on what you can expect to be able to use the box for.

Cheers

John

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

No you do not hAve to return the Youview+ box. Assuming you have had  the same Youview box for 12 months any deferred charges for the box will have been waived by BT. 

hallbh
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks very much to both of you for confirming what I thought was correct. I think the person on the help desk could have been a bit more open. When he told me I'd have to returrn the box or sign up for the £3 a month contract, I told him that my information was different and that I believed I didn't have to return the box. At that point, he said, quite loudly, 'are you calling me a liar ?'. Anyway, thanks again.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

No doubt they chance their arm that some people will be unquestioning and return their boxes so they can then be passed on as 'new' to someone else. It should be made clear that although they are sending out a bag to return your 'unwanted' box that you don't actually have to return it as it is YOUR property.

If you have the time of your conversartion with that RUDE OBNOXIOUS person in the call centre then I'd advise you to report it. Remember, all conversations are recorded for your benefit as well as theirs.

0 Ratings